Hi folks,

I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same results as me. My call log properly displays any contact whose number is stored in my contact list. However, if I have a number stored with pauses/waits/extensions/etc, the call log shows the number without the associated contact name.

For example, my contact list may have:

John Doe (416-555-1234)
    Jane Doe (416-555-5555 P 1) <- for selection Option 1 at the switchboard let's say

If John calls me, my Call Log shows:

John Doe

Now, when Jane calls me, my Call Log shows:

416-555-5555
    John Doe

It does not recognize that the number I have stored with a "pause" is the same number that I just answered. Does anyone know about this?
    12-10-08 09:35 AM
    It is because you have the number and extension stored and it only gives the main number. I have the same problem at my job. If anyone calls and they have an extension it will only show the main number. If someone calls me from my job and they have a direct line it will show them as a contact. I think this is what you are looking for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 09:49 AM
    Ah, yes you're absolutely correct. That makes sense - I noticed that if I dialed the number + extension, the associated contact name is properly displayed in my call log. When they call me, it is only showing the main number, which is *not* in my contact list, and therefore only shows up as a number.

Thank you very much, SuperAJ.
    12-10-08 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD