I'm an old school BB user here (owned an 857 back in the day).

Anyway, I'm looking at picking up an 8703e tomorrow from VZ and want to know HOW it's possible to get push mail from Gmail. I cannot determine whether or not a BB is going to work for me because I use Gmail. I've searched the archives here and there have been references to push Gmail...could there be some hope?

I currently have a Treo 650 and it sucks for email - like people here don't know that.

I need this to be explained to me like I'm 3 years old, so please keep that in mind.

Thanks in advance!

RMX
    Last edited by REMIX; 05-23-07 at 10:08 PM.
    05-23-07 10:06 PM
    You can easily set it up on your handset, just enter your Gmail info into the BlackBerry's email configuration, and you should be all set - instant Gmail! You can also do it via the BIS site from VZ.
    05-23-07 10:45 PM
    You can easily set it up on your handset, just enter your Gmail info into the BlackBerry's email configuration, and you should be all set - instant Gmail! You can also do it via the BIS site from VZ.
    u got it ;]
    05-24-07 12:36 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com Remix! Like Fold stated, all you have to do is configure you Gmail account info in the BIS system and you'll have PUSH email. It's very simple to do, and of course if you need help, you know where to come and ask
    05-24-07 02:39 AM
    Thanks for the help. Sounds simple enough.

Another question, will I have the option of leaving my mail on the Gmail server and deleting from the BB?

I'm glad to hear this...I was under the impression you needed to forward Gmail to a push account to make it work. Apparently that's not the case.

Now let's hope the last hurdle can be overcome: signal strength in my home and office vs. my Treo 650. That will be the REAL test.

RMX
    05-24-07 06:42 AM
    Yes, you can leave Gmail on the server and just delete from the device. When you highlight the email on your device and choose delete, select the option for handheld only.
    05-24-07 10:00 AM
    Thanks for the help. I got mine today. Had an issue getting enterprise activiation to work from the phone. I got it done through VZN BIS, though. Seems to be working okay, however I've not received any email (usually receiving them all day but go figure!).

The unit is taking some getting used to. I cannot figure out how to add a signature to my outgoing email. I'm sure there's a solution here...

Thanks for all your help.

RMX
    05-24-07 02:03 PM
    05-24-07 02:27 PM
    I am an individual users, not using an enterprise server. How can I add a signature to my emails?
    05-30-07 07:46 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com

Instructions for you, are the same as above: Log into your account online (depending on your carrier), go into your email account (that you added previously), edit, and add the signature there...

Also, in options of your CrackBerry.com profile, add your carrier and device information. It make it easier for us to help you...
    05-30-07 07:48 AM
    How do i set my gmail info up in my email settings on my blackberry i am using the gmail app now to recieve and i have verified my roadrunner email thorough it and on the gmail site i can send as my addy @rr.com but on the app from my blackberry only as gmail.com
    10-08-09 12:02 PM
    How do i set my gmail info up in my email settings on my blackberry i am using the gmail app now to recieve and i have verified my roadrunner email thorough it and on the gmail site i can send as my addy @rr.com but on the app from my blackberry only as gmail.com
    That is correct. I don't see any way around it.

PS Does anyone know why you would not get gmail from multiple accounts that gmail is checking for you?

It shows up in GMail just fine, but it never shows on the bb
    10-28-09 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD