Hi everyone. I've only had my Pearl for less than a month and Verizon sent me a Curve out at no cost to replace the Pearl. I haven't even activated the Curve yet but can't get used to the full keyboard and width in comparison to the Pearl. I like the idea of the bigger screen and longer battery life. Will I get used to the Curve or should I stick with a Pearl? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Todd
    10-10-08 10:11 PM
    I love having the full QWERTY keyboard on my curve. I've never had a pearl, so I can't really compare with personal experience.
    10-10-08 10:22 PM
    I have both the Pearl and the Curve. They are both excellent BB's. I love the suretype on my Pearl and I miss it on the Curve. However, if you practice, you will be surprised by how easy it is to type on the Curve. Give typing on the Curve a try. If you don't like it go back to the Pearl. As for the size, you can't have a bigger screen without a bigger BB. It really comes down to your personal preference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-08 10:45 PM
    I love my curve. The only thing I would ever replace it with is the Bold

10-10-08 10:52 PM
    I love my pearl, but I got to play with a curve the other day and I like it. Go with the curve.

10-10-08 11:21 PM
    personally i like the qwerty keyboard on the curve much much better than suretype. Just my opinion.
    10-10-08 11:27 PM
    The curve is the way to go. U will deffinitly get use to the QWERTY keyboard.

10-10-08 11:31 PM
    The curve is the way to go. U will deffinitly get use to the QWERTY keyboard.

10-10-08 11:32 PM
    I like my pearl but if I had the chance would probably go with the curve. How exactly did you get a Curve as a replacement for nothing???
    10-11-08 12:40 AM
    Curve. I had the Pearl and bought the Curve and wouldn't go back. Frustrating to mistype sometimes but it won't be long till you get more accomplished with it.

10-11-08 03:21 AM
    I decided to buy a pearl as my weekend phone and now I can't let it go! I thought typing on the qwerty keyboard would have been easier - was I ever wrong. I'd say stick with the pearl if your not having any problems with it.

10-11-08 03:41 AM
    I have tried both and MUCH prefer the Curve
    10-11-08 06:03 AM
    Give it a try and see for yourself.

10-11-08 07:50 AM
    It honestly depends on your usage of the phone. I get far too many calls from pearl users w/ memory issues- that's not a problem w/ the curve. if you do any sort of browsing or emailing or downloading, I'd go with the curve.
    10-11-08 08:43 AM
    i have the curve but my best friend has the pearl. Honestly, he loves his phone cuz of the size but i love the curve mainly for the screen, the keyboard and the few features that arent there in the pearl, like a better camera... infact after os. 4.5 he dint even get the video recorder while im going crazy on the one on mine ....

if u got it free, be glad that everyones jealous and make the switch
    10-11-08 10:34 AM
    Definitely get the curve. I have one nd my aunt has a pearl both from verizon. Mine works great but she had to restart her phone once a week due to memory issues. The curve has 32mb more memory than the pearl. This leaves more room for apps and themes. It shouldn't be to hard to het used to the size of the curve plus the full keyboard is great.
    10-11-08 02:52 PM
    I've had and used both at the same time (Pearl for work and Curve for play) and they worked perfectly for what I needed them for. On my work pearl, used it for emails, quick text messages and for a phone. On my Curve for personal use, I used it primarily for media (which I done none of), internet browsing, gps (great screen) and applications.

You can't go wrong with either IMO. Once you got black.......berry, you never go back
    10-11-08 02:58 PM
    CURVE .. no question
    10-11-08 03:09 PM
    I Bought a Pearl last month and after using it i really liked it no problems with sure type but traded for a Curve : more internal memory , bigger screen, able to leap tall buildings... no wait sorry. able to handle larger capacity memory cards , my take on it
    10-11-08 03:44 PM
    I want Verizon to send me a curve for free!??? Hmmm, not that I don't like my pearl though..I like the smaller size that's for sure...and the keyboard I like as well. But a curve would be nice with all that extra memory

10-11-08 07:02 PM
    I am just lucky with Verizon I guess. I used to have the HTC XV6800 but is was a brick compared to the blackberry. The rep told me that the Curve and Pearl were the same price and she sent me the Curve at no extra cost. Of course I have to send the Pearl back on Monday if I decide to switch. I am going to activate the Curve tonight and give it a full days use tomorrow.
    10-11-08 07:52 PM
    I have the Pearl and love the size. My BFF has a Curve and lijes it ok but would prefer my Pearl cuz uf size. Ultimately if you can get used to the size and keyboard, keep the Curve for the screen and memory.

10-11-08 08:00 PM
    I have the Pearl and love the size keyboard and everything. My BFF has a Curve and likes it ok but would prefer my Pearl cuz of size. Ultimately if you can get used to the size and keyboard, keep the Curve for the screen and memory.

10-11-08 08:01 PM
    I've never had a curve, but have played around with the ones that friends own, and I prefer the Pearl--though I am eagerly awaiting the javelin to see if it lights my fire.....
    10-11-08 08:04 PM
    Pretty sure I am going to stick with the Curve because of the screen size. I like the feel of the Pearl but not sure I want the smaller screen and memory issue.

Having the micro SD behind the Curve's battery is a horrible design though.

Thanks for all of the help.
    10-12-08 09:25 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD