Thinking I need android.... you?
    04-12-16 06:09 PM
    Depends what you need it for. I don't use a lot of apps but there is less app support daily for BlackBerry 10. I prefer BlackBerry 10 though

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-12-16 08:04 PM
    It all depends on what your plan to use the device for? For most folks here in the USA, the smartphone choice is driven by the availability of current apps, period.

I still know folks who use the passport and love the device and tell me there are enough apps to do what they require and will not give up the features of OS10 for Android.

But everyone is different and have different needs, I would suggest you try out both devices if you have place that carries the Blackberry devices in stock.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-14-16 11:41 AM
    I switched from the SE Passport to the Priv and love the Priv.

The SE PP is an amazing device and is a beast and does it all and if you need android apps on it load Cobalt's items to have the Google Play Store. Most apps work real good on the Passport this way but some have a few issues you can live with.

Ive got a SE PP for sale, message me BBM texn884
    lanre19 likes this.
    04-15-16 04:11 PM
    Got both Passport and Priv and love them equally. Deep down its BB10 all the way.
    05-04-16 04:59 PM
    I think passport is more like bb device. Passport is awesomely beautiful n solid hardware. So i choose passport silver edition over priv
    05-05-16 01:02 AM
    Hello what's up?
    06-21-16 08:15 AM
    I have Android already. Thank you!
    06-22-16 11:09 AM
    I have Android but I would love to switch do BlackBerry. I miss normal buttons. I really dislike touch screens. As for apps I don't use much but I still have two or three that I need. With BB10 I'd me able to use them and also have all the benefits of BB. I believe BB Classic and Priv are perfect. U have phisical buttons and everything else that is in high quality smartphones.
    07-26-16 03:28 AM
    Blackberry all the way, never used an android cos of my love for BlackBerry but the priv won't be a bad idea( blackberry and android). Better functionalities I must say
    07-26-16 08:42 AM
    Was a BlackBerry user for a long time but switched to a Droid and so happy I did. I have all the apps I want and everything just works.
    bakron1 likes this.
    08-07-16 10:04 PM
    Direct cheap used Passport or a new Priv.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    08-07-16 10:13 PM
    Welcome, I'm a newbie as well and I must say I love my BlackBerry PassportSE only because in the past I owned both Curve and Bold. Love my keyboard since I do a lot of txt reason I chose to get the Passport and ditch my iphone. I'm currently learning how to use my Passport and I must say the Cobalt system works great with getting my Google play apps. There are a few glitches but like others say here I can live without them.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 12:46 PM
    Hi everyone. I'm new to forums. I've had a passport for almost two years now and cringe at the idea of downsizing in the future. Was I dreaming or did I hear John Chen allude to an Android Passport phone for the new year. In my opinion that would be the perfect phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 07:44 AM
    Been passport user for a year now. I used android phone too but sold it off to buy another red and silver passport. My family think I am crazy to buy old hardware.

Deep down, there are so many good stuff about passport. I started to use BBM instead of whatsapp, I can do other things and do the peak to see if my message has been read, the amazing hub that make my day so easy, love reading emails and till now I am still amazed by the format of the text emails. The battery is insane. I can use it all day long and I think apps play a part in OS that make it last longer than on androids. I feel safe using BlackBerry phone as I know I am well protected from browser malwares. I listen to podcast and youtube. The speakers are loud and clear. I can minimise the apps or standby phone to listen to the audio. Last and most importantly is the wide display of the passport. It makes reading and typing so much better experience. So am I bother by lack of apps? Not at all and in fact I feel sorry for android phone users. They have so many apps and it just take away their time playing games or playing lots of videos. And because of this, they run out battery faster, need to upgrade hardware more frequently.

Posted via CB10
    Mostdistortion and Zeratul57 like this.
    11-11-16 03:27 AM
    I prefer Passport!
    12-14-16 01:10 PM
    I have just switched to a PRIV from Classic - due mostly to the fact that my job uses Google Apps and multi-factor authentication.

After only a couple of days with the PRIV I am starting to like it: I only use the touch screen when unavoidable: so far I think the major missing for me is the trackpad button on the Classic, which was brilliant.
    12-14-16 01:19 PM
    I use them both.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 09:20 AM
    Aloha!

My daily driver is a Passport Unlocked International Edition. I love it. Working "Wide" for me is the best as most of what I do revolves around email, text, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Viewing documents and working with .pdf on a Passport is incredible. The Passport has enough horsepower and is built out enough to last for at least two more years without seeming too obsolete. BlackBerry did a fine job on this phone.

Now the App issue. I have installed the Cobalt Apps that allow you to load Google's PLAY STORE on your Passport. Once you do this, then "Most" Android Playstore Apps work just fine. It fools most Playstore apps into thinking that you are using a Droid. You do need to patch a few to get them to work well (patching is easy and documented on Cobalts thread here at CrackBerry), but most just load and run like they are on a Droid. All of the Apps I want and use, I can load from Google's Play Store and they run just fine. IF you are an APPAHOLIC, you should just go with Droid and be done with it. If you are a businessman or like the idea of a wide square screen with a touch sensitive keyboard, then try the Passport.

You have to make the decision based on what you need in your life from a smartphone. The Passport for me was the right decision. I have a newer Droid on my personal line and I like it very much, but I truly carry my Passport even on weekends now because I love the phone more than my Droid. YMMV.

This is an older thread, so the OP has probably already made his decision long ago, but in case someone new is in the same decision situation, I decided to post my comment. So if you are deciding now....
    Good luck with your decision.
    12-26-16 09:08 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

That's a tough decision. At this point, it would be tough for me to recommend a BB10 device ONLY because of Apps. BUT if you don't care about Pok�mon Go, Angry Birds or the latest Plants vs Zombies, the BlackBerry 10 experience is something really special and I would definitely recommend a try. I've been using it for over 3 years now and still love it everyday.

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    12-28-16 02:19 PM
    I've had Android devices and I'm looking for something different. Please let me win a passport.
    01-04-17 06:09 PM
    I've had Android devices and I'm looking for something different. Please let me win a passport.
    Is there a contest to give one away??
    01-05-17 11:35 AM