I have a Blackberry 8310 Yippee! So far so good after 4 days of usage. There was a slight learning curve ( no pun ) and now as I read more and more on this site, things are becoming more familiar. So thanks for the site! I am also a new Mac user after a lifetime on a PC. Guess this was the year for change!
    11-20-07 09:37 PM
    congrats on ur switch to blackberry's and welcome to the forums.. But I can bet you'll be back on the PC sooner than later. =)
    11-20-07 10:35 PM
    Way to go tacomahunter!!! The curve is a beautiful device. Do you feel like you've missed out all of these years by not having a bb?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-07 10:57 PM
    Congrats on your new BlackBerry!!

I came to BlackBerry after about a year with a Treo 680 myself...and then went a bit insane for a while with the iPhone and several other not-so-smartphones. But...now that I have been the Prodigal Son and come back home to BlackBerry...I can't think of any reason to go to any other device.

Good forum here too, that doesn't flame you for not being an expert and asking (what some would call) "stupid questions".
    11-22-07 07:26 AM
    No stupid questions here...only questions that need answering, and people glad to help...welcome to crackberry tacomahunter
    11-22-07 07:41 AM
    I like yourself have used Window mobiles, palm and plain PDA for over 13 years. Blackberry is the best for me. I like yourself left using a BB for a while,
    because PocketPC had their own magazine. I wish BB had a magazine dedicated just for us. This site is Great, but wish we had our own mag. Maybe I should start one??
    11-22-07 08:39 AM
    Congratulations on the year of change! BB from Palm is a big step, heck, changing your mind about dinner is a big step some days! Enjoy your BB and hang tough on Palm. Time will tell for them.
    12-07-07 10:02 PM
    Welcome to the light!
    12-07-07 10:18 PM
    Welcome to CB enjoy your stay, I know you will
    12-07-07 10:52 PM
    I used a Palm for almost 8yrs, and I think a lot of users just don't know what is on the other side. BB was a foreign thing to me. I hope Palm does well though, the competition will keep RIM and Palm both on the cutting edge hopefully. Welcome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-07 08:54 PM
    As a former Treo user myself I can say that there are no regrets coming to the light. This site is awesome!
    12-09-07 03:00 PM
    I like many of you also came from the Treo. Had a treo 680 for about a year, my wife thou had a treo 750 and before that a 650 so we have been with palm for a long time. I have had my curve for a month, and can't imagine anything else. This site also has helped me a lot. Thanks. My wife who has never learned but to talk on her phone and run her drug program, has had her curve for 2 weeks and has just been amazing on what she has been able to do.

Thanks Crackberry and Blackberry,

Welcome
    12-09-07 03:16 PM
    I spent the better part of a year with a Treo 680...and thought it was as good as a smartphone got until I came to the BlackBerry-camp. Although I still think the Treo edges the Curve on the qwerty keyboard design...everything else about the BlackBerry, including the OS puts the Palm Treo to shame.

Congratulations on your new 'Berry!!
    12-09-07 03:34 PM
    I have had my BB Curve for 12 days and I love it!

I, too, had been a Palm devotee for 8 years. I was very reluctant to change...But I wanted to lighten my bag I carry every day...PDA, digital camera, MP3 player and phone. Now I have!!! Wahooo!

I bought an iPhone and took it back after 7 days. Not a commuter phone at all. Cool, but not all its quacked up to beeee!

I LOVE MY BB!!!
    12-09-07 10:50 PM
    Welcome aboard!!! You made the right choice.
    12-10-07 01:09 PM
    Won't leave home without it
    12-11-07 12:01 AM
    Welcome to your new addiction!!
    12-11-07 08:11 AM
    As a Treo 680 convert myself, I think it has something to do with the device that draws us to the BB...

I think that after the Treo 750, innovation grinded to a halt. I'm confident that Palm will lay down the revolution, but right now it doesn't seem apparent.
    12-12-07 02:54 PM
    welcome to the crack

-db
    12-13-07 05:05 PM
    I've been using a Palm-powered PDA (not Palm-made, as I have a Sony CLIE T665C, and ancient handheld running OS 4.1) for years now. I have learned many of the ins and outs of the Palm OS, and I find many things in the OS to be beneficial as well as annoying.

After my brief experiences with the BlackBerry OS, I'd say it is a bit more intuitive than Palm OS, with a context menu (accessible from the BlackBerry button) in almost every app, and consistently designed ones at that.

On a Palm, you can change many things, like install a third-party app launcher, but it's not always more intuitive than the stock home screen.

In general, BlackBerrys seem to possess a bit more discipline than Palm devices. The BBs deal with every application in layers, with each screen of a program being a layer. The user can peel his way back up to the previous lauyer with on button press.

To put it simply, both OSes are very capable, but the BlackBerry OS is more streamlined.
    12-19-07 09:15 PM
    I love my new BB 8830.
    From an ex Treo user!
    12-26-07 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD