Two days ago I got my new BB Curve.... wait, let me back up here... One year ago I wanted to finally get a smartphone. As an Insurance Broker, I am always on the road and need my email, GPS, calander, contacts, camera and of course my phone with me at all times.

I got myself a Palm Treo. Don't ask me why, at the time it seemed like a smart choice. After two months of it breaking down all the time, turning itself off, not properly downloading emails (Windows mobile) and tons of other problems including a crappy data plan (best available at the time), I actually dropped it on the ground and stepped on it, breaking it in to many pieces (it was the most violant act I've ever committed).

After that, I said goodbye to smartphones for good and got a regular cell phone... That is up until two days ago. I don't know why I got the urge to try a smartphone again, but am I ever glad I gave it another chance and even more glad I decided to go BB.

The BB Curve is the greatest phone I've ever owned. Forget the iPhone, never get Palm, BB is on a whole new level of AWESOME, and in two days I'm more addicted to the BB then I am to smoking and I've been smoking for 15 years.

My biggest fear now is that I will never like another BB model as much as I love The Curve, so I may end up buying a second Curve when they are considered the "old" BB models and just keep it handy for when mine eventually goes down.
    Last edited by cheers1981; 07-14-08 at 05:33 AM.
    07-10-08 05:40 PM
    Very nice!
    07-10-08 05:50 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    07-10-08 05:58 PM
    .....I got myself a Palm Treo. Don't ask me why, at the time it seemed like a smart choice. After two months of it breaking down all the time, turning itself off, not properly downloading emails (Windows mobile) and tons of other problems including a crappy data plan (best available at the time), I actually dropped it on the ground and stepped on it, breaking it in to many pieces (it was the most violant act I've ever committed).....
    P-R-I-C-E-L-E-S-S!!
    Although, I wouldnt consider that a "violent" act in the sense of what violence entails; more like an act of frustration!
    07-10-08 06:01 PM
    Heh! If the Bold is half as good as it looks, I'll need to find some way to trade in my Curve.

Then again, if I ignore the Bold, my Curve does pretty much everything I need. So, the Bold isn't 'need', just 'want', and it becomes hard to justify the entry price.
    07-10-08 06:10 PM
    LMAO!
    Good Story!

Welcome to CB!
    07-11-08 03:47 AM
    Two days ago I got my new BB Curve.... wait, let me back up here... One year ago I wanted to finally get a smartphone. As an Insurance Broker, I am always on the road and need my email, GPS, calander, contacts, camera and of course my phone with me at all times.

I got myself a Palm Treo. Don't ask me why, at the time it seemed like a smart choice. After two months of it breaking down all the time, turning itself off, not properly downloading emails (Windows mobile) and tons of other problems including a crappy data plan (best available at the time), I actually dropped it on the ground and stepped on it, breaking it in to many pieces (it was the most violant act I've ever committed).

After that, I said goodbye to smartphones for good and got a regular cell phone... That is up until two days ago. I don't know why I got the urge to try a smartphone again, but am I ever glad I gave it another chance and even more glad I decided to go BB.

The BB Curve is the greatest phone I've ever owned. Forget the iPhone, never get Palm, BB is on a whole new level of AWESOME, and in two days I'm more addicted to the BB then I am to smoking and I've been smoking for 15 years.

My biggest fear now is that I will never like another BB model as much as I love The Curve, so I may end up buying a second Curve when they are considered the "old" BB models and just keep it handy for when mine eventually goes down.
    ah yes, the 700wx with the crap data plan. those were the days. i never actually had any issues with my treo functionally but i don't miss it at all.

of course, i didn't smash mine. i sold it for $100.
    07-11-08 04:00 AM
    Welcome to CB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 05:47 AM
    Welcome to CB and the BB world
    07-11-08 06:29 AM
    Welcome to CB!!!
    07-11-08 11:27 AM
    WELCOME ABOARD..........you made a great choice on a great device and have found CB.............the premier site for all things BB
    07-11-08 03:02 PM
    You should have taken pics of your violent act for us!
    07-12-08 04:50 AM
    Treos are alright devices, but they are not a Berry. Congrats on the device, and welcome to CB.
    07-12-08 07:01 AM
    Crucial, Ur right. They're not bad devices; especially when U consider they were the "it" device at one time. Compared to a BB, that seems like a long time ago.

07-12-08 08:16 AM
    Well welcome to the crack

07-12-08 09:29 AM
    Welcome, you'll find the Curve is a whole new definition for communication!

07-12-08 10:42 PM
    I know I'm thoroughly enjoying my Curve!

07-12-08 10:52 PM
    You should have taken pics of your violent act for us!
    lol. After I smashed my phone, my friend told me we should get a picture because it would make a great BB ad. The problem was the only camera I had on me was the one built into the phone I just destroyed.
    07-12-08 11:09 PM
    Great story. Welcome to CB!
    07-12-08 11:23 PM
    Congrats on your new toy!
    07-14-08 03:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD