I just love my 8320. Don't know why I waited so long. Now I need to move my Palm TX contacts, Calendar, and memos to my BB. I'm sure someone has done this before. I've been searching, but can't find the info. Please help this newbie become an Addict!!
    10-15-07 04:57 PM
    Sync your contacts and calender using desktop manager on your cpu.
    10-15-07 05:01 PM
    Howdy SRL, and welcome to CB!!!

I'm a reformed Palm OS addict. Had a Treo 650 (Palm OS) and now I have an 8800 (named Hobson) and a Red Pearl (named Cherry Berry).

Your BB Desktop manager should have an icon for "Switch Device Wizard". I just followed the prompts, and everything from my Treo was on my BB!!!
    10-15-07 08:15 PM
    OK that's great. OK I can do this. I've connected my TX and my BB to the PC by their respective USB cables. I launched the BB desktop manager, clicked the "Switch Device Wizard" Clicked the icon on the bottom to select other device to BB device.

The migration wizard comes up, I click next but the buttons are grayed out and there's nothing to select except "back" or "Cancel". Help! What am I doing wrong.
    10-15-07 09:01 PM
    OK that's great. OK I can do this. I've connected my TX and my BB to the PC by their respective USB cables. I launched the BB desktop manager, clicked the "Switch Device Wizard" Clicked the icon on the bottom to select other device to BB device.

The migration wizard comes up, I click next but the buttons are grayed out and there's nothing to select except "back" or "Cancel". Help! What am I doing wrong.
    Sorry SRL - it's been a while since I did this.... I just remember that I clicked on the Wizard, then was given 2 choices - Switch Blackberry Devices, and Switch from another Device to a BlackBerry device. (for this option, my wizard says both need to be connected). From there, I just followed the prompts. Did you try just sync'ing your Treo first? Try a battery pull on your BB?
    10-15-07 09:13 PM
    My Palm desktop software is version 4.2 -BB desktop manager help screen says the Palm desktop software must be version 4.1, version 4.1.4, or Palm Desktop version 6.0.1. Can that be the problem?

The computer sees both devices when I connect them into the PC but the BB switch device software won't go any further than what I described in my previous post.
    10-15-07 09:34 PM
    I finally got my contacts calendar and memos moved to my BB.

I sync'd my palm with Outlook instead of the Palm desktop software I normally was using.

Then instead of using the Switch device option on the BB desktop manager, I used the sync device option and was able to move everything from Outlook onto my BB.

Will keep the Palm info as a backup just to make sure I didn't loose any information. There were some field conflicts, but I'll fix those as I find them.
    10-16-07 11:02 PM
    Glad you got your issue resolved, SRL. On a Palm/BB note, all of my friends have Treo's. But, for some reason they can't keep their hands off of my BB Pearl. It's like THEY are addicted to MY BB. I'm in the process of trying to convert them.
    10-29-07 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD