Holy cow there is a LOT to learn! Oy! I just upgraded from an LG Chocolate (hated it) to a pretty pink Curve (love it). I have a gazillion questions but these are the ones making me want to pull my hair out currently:

1)Ringtones...where do I get them? I'm used to just clicking a "Get it Now" button.

2)I've been told that I can type in all my contacts on my laptop with this desktop manager doodah but I can't figure out how.

3)Anyone happen to use Skyscape software and know how it works??
    08-22-08 06:52 PM
    Gone are your days of get it now and the fees Verizon got from you. You can find all sorts of free ringtones on the net. For example, have you looked in the download section here on crackberry? Why look! ringtones! wallpapers! themes! Some for a fee, but many free ones. Do a search for one of the 18 billion threads about free games, "must have applications" and ringtones. You'll find more than enough to keep your satisfied.

I'd also suggest the Newbies section - specifically the "getting started" and the blackberry 101 lectures. They'll teach you all about your new toy and how to get the most from it.
    08-22-08 07:09 PM
    08-22-08 07:11 PM
    08-22-08 07:12 PM
    Hope the post above answered your questions but you did make me laugh with your valium comment!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-08 07:15 PM
    Found the 101 lectures. PERFECT! Of course the kids can forget about those clean underwear I promised them because mama will be playing on her new toy all night. lol!

One more question. Those red arrows on my screen. Am I using data minutes whenever those are showing up?? Or just when I'm on the browser or reading emails?
    08-22-08 07:19 PM
    they're showing when data is being transferred. it'll happen even if you're not on the browser or reading emails. your BB will send little bits of data back & forth to the servers, checking for new emails, etc.
    08-22-08 07:21 PM
    The nature of a BB is that you are constantly "on" when it comes to data. So the answer is yes, when those arrows are there you are using data. Hopefully you got an unlimited data plan.

08-22-08 07:24 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!!

08-22-08 07:35 PM
    Welcome to the first day of the rest of your addiction glad to have you aboard!
    08-22-08 07:38 PM
    Hello & welcome to the cb family! Enjoy your new curve.
    08-22-08 09:37 PM
    For ring tones, I just put my favorite mp3s on my media card. Then when you are selecting from the list of ring tones you can hit browse and choose any of the songs that you have on your bb.

08-22-08 10:33 PM
    I'm a total newbie too and I love my curve. I just downloaded vlingo... maybe I should learn how to use the stuff ON my phone before I start adding new things.

I just wanted to stop in and say hi (and not create a new thread...) and say I love this site. Very well put together, easy to navigate and everyone seems very helpful! Thanks...you've already answered a million questions I've had!
    Jenny
    08-23-08 12:22 AM
    Found the 101 lectures. PERFECT! Of course the kids can forget about those clean underwear I promised them because mama will be playing on her new toy all night. lol!

Too funny! Sounds like my house! Welcome to CrackBerry!
    08-23-08 12:46 AM
    Hello and welcome to crackberry
    08-23-08 04:57 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!!!
    08-26-08 11:29 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.
    08-26-08 11:55 AM
    Welcome to CB

Your questions seems to have been answered, any Valium left? lol
    08-26-08 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD