Ok... I got a BB Curve 8330 Monday evening. I really like it! But this thing is making me crazy.

Can someone please tell me why, every time I try to googlesync, I get the message "You are attempting to open a secure connection, but the server's certificate is not trusted" about 25 times? I just keep hitting continue, and eventually it syncs, but isn't the idea of syncing that you don't have to work at it?!! (Ok, I just counted and I got that message 11 times, but still...)

There's so much to know about this thing, it is really overwhelming. I don't even know where to start. But I've already run into the Handheld Key Store password problem... called Sprint and they don't have any solutions other than wiping and re-installing everything. Ummmm... I'm not sure I'm comfortable doing that!

Anyway, appreciate any input.

ETA: Now I'm not even doing anything remotely involving a web browser and I just got 18 more of those messages. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! Somebody make it stop!
    Last edited by Tamatha278; 09-26-08 at 03:52 PM.
    09-26-08 03:47 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

You would think the geeks at Google would be all over that.

Security certificates are commonly used to guarantee you are not being spoofed into a fake site. If the certificate is invalid, or expired, you will be warned and can decide not to proceed.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)

S/MIME is only used with BES and corporate software for security.

If you select the wrong option at startup, you can run the Setup Wizard again and select BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS). I suspect that may have been the cause of your problem.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 09-26-08 at 04:07 PM.
    09-26-08 03:57 PM
    I just went through the Setup Wizard again, and I didn't have the option of BIS or BES. I swear, this thing is making me crazy!!!
    09-26-08 04:24 PM
    Sorry about your problems, and I know I've read something about this not too long ago, but I can't find it.

As far as being overwhelmed... try looking at the Blackberry 101 lesson's under the Newbie dropdown menus at the top of every page... I added a link to my signature... they have a lot of great information in them.
    09-26-08 05:06 PM
    I just went through the Setup Wizard again, and I didn't have the option of BIS or BES. I swear, this thing is making me crazy!!!
    I have just checked mine. Selecting BIS or BES was the first step, once that has been done, there is no going back.

At this point, I am inclined to agree with your Customer Support. You will have to do a fresh build to get it back to normal function.

It is not difficult, most of us have done it to free up memory or upgrade the OS.

The step by step instructions are posted in this How To thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    09-26-08 06:12 PM
    If you feel this is beyond your ability, take your Curve back to your carrier store front office and ask them to "re-install the OS" for you.

I am sure this happens often enough, it is in their interest to insure you are working correctly.
    09-26-08 06:49 PM
    Welcome to CB. Just follow the advice of Reed, and you should be okay. Keep everyone posted.
    09-26-08 07:29 PM
    I have the best hubby in the world! He backed everything up, wiped, and reinstalled everything. This time, I was prompted to set a Key Store password!! Sometimes it really pays off having married a computer geek! :-)
    09-26-08 09:57 PM
    im glad your problem was handled and welcome to cb
    09-26-08 11:26 PM
    I was pretty frustrated with my berry after about a week and got in my car to go to Verizon and return it. Halfway there I realized I was being a bit rash and acting without thinking and turned around.

I decided to set it down for a few hours and relax a bit before getting back to doing what I was trying. Some patience and a little crackberry training go a LLOONNGG way. The people here have helped me get through some times when I might have thrown my electronics right out to the sidewalk. Then again I'm anxiety prone and used to drink heavily to deal with it, so maybe you're doing just fine.

Glad you got it worked out!
    09-26-08 11:40 PM
    give it time man, once you figure everything out you will love your berry.
    09-26-08 11:50 PM
    Welcome to the addiction.
    09-27-08 09:34 AM
    I have the best hubby in the world! He backed everything up, wiped, and reinstalled everything. This time, I was prompted to set a Key Store password!! Sometimes it really pays off having married a computer geek! :-)
    Glad to hear you are back up... keep reading this sight... they have a lot of great information.
    09-27-08 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD