So I downloaded a trial copy of Outlook 2007 with Onenote, and business contact manager. I managed to get all my contacts from my Pearl to the outlook contacts.

HOWEVER when I go to edit the contacts the option to save is grayed out. I'm pretty good with computers but this has me all sorts of stumped. I really want to put a couple hundred contacts in my phone from all my various business cards and scraps of paper I have sitting here but I'm having a lot of trouble figuring this feature out.

Thanks in advance.
    04-06-08 04:04 PM
    FYI It's when I go to Save after editing a contact that I can't. I can do all the edititing I want but it doesn't go anywhere. Save is GREYED out.
    04-06-08 04:05 PM
    Just a guess, but you said you were using a trial copy...a lot of times trial versions won't let you save. I don't know about Outlook 2007 specifically.
    04-06-08 04:54 PM
    Just a guess, but you said you were using a trial copy...a lot of times trial versions won't let you save. I don't know about Outlook 2007 specifically.
    This would be my theory as well. But again, I know specifically either.
    04-06-08 05:25 PM
    Be weird if it doesn't let you save, I mean how else do I get to test it out. This whole blackberry experience has been a nightmare in some spots.

A company as powerful as them shouldn't make you use 3rd party aps to update contacts and calandar, they should have a program bundled with it.
    04-06-08 06:58 PM
    Be weird if it doesn't let you save, I mean how else do I get to test it out. This whole blackberry experience has been a nightmare in some spots.

A company as powerful as them shouldn't make you use 3rd party aps to update contacts and calandar, they should have a program bundled with it.
    Which company are you referring to as "them?" You don't need Outlook to update your calendar and contacts on your blackberry. And it's hardly RIM's fault if you're using trial software from another company. Check the documentation that came with the trial. See if it says that you can't save. Typically trial software is either time-limited or feature-limited. I don't know which technique Microsoft is using. And neither Microsoft nor RIM need me to defend them. But from your "nightmare" comment, I think you may be getting an unjustifiably bad impression of the blackberry experience. My 8830 works great with Outlook 2003 using BES.
    04-06-08 07:18 PM
    A company as powerful as RIM should put out it's own contact and calendar management software even for an aditional fee, I believe Iphone does.

REGARDLESS, thanks to someones comment I figured out I had to physically activate my trial of outlook to get it to work. Having done that I can now save just fine until June 30th. After that I will need to make the determination if it's worth 400 dollars to me to upgrade to office Professional. I may be buying a new laptop soon probably I'll just wait till I get that and put an OEM copy on it for cheap. Thanks for the help guys.
    04-06-08 07:32 PM
    I'm glad you got that resolved. I hope it works out well for you.
    04-06-08 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD