I just bought a BB CURVE 8330 from VZW. I see people are tlaking about 4.5 OS. Under ABOUT on my phone it says:

v4.3.0.127

Does that mean I have version 4.3? Which phones have 4.5, or can I update mine with the new OS version??

Thanks!
    06-30-08 02:58 PM
    Yes, you have version 4.3. There are 4.5 versions out there for CDMA phones (such as yours and mine on Verizon), but... they are BETA versions. Personally, I'm waiting for the final release before upgrading.

Your call though. Search the forums if you want to find the 4.5 for CDMA curve versions.
    06-30-08 03:02 PM
    welcome to CB...yes there are higher OS versions for your phone, but I reccommend staying where you are until you get more familiar with your berry...
    06-30-08 03:19 PM
    I would suggest sticking with 4.3 until 4.5 is officially released for your model and carrier.
    06-30-08 03:24 PM
    I agree with our resident 'Genious of Geniuses' here. Your OS (go to Options, About, 3rd line down) is fairly recent. It can record video for instance, mine cannot.

I would wait for 3 reasons.

1). you are failry new to Crackberry and are only just familiar with your phone. Do't mess with it until your have asked a few more questions in here.
    2). Any unreleased (beta) software you obtain for your phone will certainly have software bugs. Do you want this?
    3). You can easily invaidate your warranty by doing an unsupported upgrade.
    06-30-08 03:37 PM
    Great, I will wait, I didnt want to upgrade I just didnt understand when people were putting 4.5OS what phones used it.
    06-30-08 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD