Hi there guys. A few things....

First of all, I am a manager for a Verizon store in the bay area of California, so I get a ton of questions about Blackberry handhelds, and am expected to know all the right answers to them (lol @ that). I have found this website to be a veritable library of information regarding troubleshooting, apps, OS loads, errors, etc.

Allow me to thank all of you that help out, for making my workday alot easier.

Second - I have many opportunities to use pretty much any handset I want, and in the past 4 months or so, have been through almost the entire spectrum (Touch Pro, Treo 700wx, Treo 650, Mogul 6800, VX 6700, Samsung Omnia, and a few others). I switch handsets often so I am able to learn about the nuances and differences between the handsets.

I just did another ESN swap today to a Blackberry Curve 8330, and I have to say that this is the best phone I've ever used. Period. Ease of use, customizing everything, the ease of navigation with the trackball, pretty much the entire package this phone delivers has gotten me hooked.

I was a loyal windows mobile guy, until I got my paws on this phone here.
    I don't think I will be switching to another handset until the Niagara comes out for Verizon.

Thanks again for making it easier for us to find the information we need, (and some we didn't know we needed).

I plan on spending quite a bit of time here aquainting myself with Blackberry, and the hundreds of things we can do with the device.

"My name is Billy, and I'm an addict."

Billy
    Northern California Verizon Team
    04-23-09 04:17 PM
    Welcome Alpha!

I'm sure you'll <3 your stay with us on CB!
    04-23-09 04:18 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    04-23-09 04:20 PM
    Wow...if you like your 8330 your going to love the niagara. I loved the treo 650...a phone ahead of its time. Treo digressed with the centro. Forcing me to blackberry. Been an addict since 2004.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 04:23 PM
    Welcome Billy! Just 1 warning thou, don't EVER try to tell us when the Storm updated OS is coming, OR if you do make sure to put on a flame resistant suit. j/k Seriously welcome, and you have found THE best BB resource as you said. As we ALL have discovered.

EDIT: Cool nick Make sure you say hello in the Verizon section of the forum too.
    Last edited by pkcable; 04-23-09 at 04:53 PM. Reason: adding stuff :)
    04-23-09 04:49 PM
    I don't think I am able to release proprietary information regarding updates and what not. They (the higher ups) are VERY tight lipped about all that stuff. I usually hear about it a day or so before it comes out.

Also, thanks all for being so welcoming.
    04-23-09 04:55 PM
    I don't think I am able to release proprietary information regarding updates and what not. They (the higher ups) are VERY tight lipped about all that stuff. I usually hear about it a day or so before it comes out.

Also, thanks all for being so welcoming.
    That was sorta a joke. When you check out the Storm Forums, you'll see tons of threads from members claiming that a Verizon Rep told them the Storm update was coming etc etc, then other members flame them. It's really quite amusing. Most of us just use the leaks, and don't really worry about what your bosses are doing regarding this much delayed update.
    04-23-09 05:01 PM
    Welcome good sir welcome! Enjoy your stay!

04-23-09 05:25 PM
    welcome to cb.com! enjoy the lovely addiction
    04-23-09 06:36 PM
    welcome to CB!
    04-23-09 07:03 PM
    AB, you'll find such a wide range of humor here that it might be a little confusing, but don't take it badly,Lol!

Welcome to the CrackBerry experience!

04-23-09 08:08 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    04-23-09 08:51 PM
    Curve is definitely a solid starter berry. I started with a 8703e as solid as it was ... a trackball is way better. The Niagra or "Tour" should be a pretty solid device as well. I personally hope they update that more than they have done with the Storm thus far.

Welcome to the crack though.
    04-23-09 11:10 PM
    Glad to have you aboard Billy! Welcome
    04-23-09 11:24 PM
    welcome to the crackberry community! as a former bay area resident (lived there for four years) just wanted to send my salutations!
    04-23-09 11:43 PM
    ha! maybe i can get some GOOD VZW customer service now.

and welcome!!!!
    04-23-09 11:48 PM
    Welcome to the CB Nation Billy! I am a loyal Verizon customer and I too love my Curve!
    04-24-09 01:22 AM
    Welcome to CB glad to see another windoze has came over to the Berry side of things!
    04-24-09 06:53 AM
    Welcome, and congrats!
    04-24-09 09:31 AM
    Enjoy your stay on CB!
    07-21-09 11:13 AM
    So I'm curious did you get yourself a tour yet billy?

07-21-09 10:11 PM
    I'm also from the bay area. Oooops, just saw how old this thread is lol.
    07-21-09 10:21 PM
    Yea but somebody brought it back up today.

07-21-09 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD