On my Blackberry 8703e device, the notification LED light flashes sometimes red alerting me that new incoming messages have arrived. Why does it sometimes turn red and other times when new mail has arrived, it just flashes green??

Your kind attention in this matter is sincerely appreciated.
    05-26-07 07:22 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com

What mode is it set to, on all the time? Either way, I say, change the present mode, pull the battery (while it's on), then change the mode back...

See what happens after that. If that does not work, please advise device, carrier etc. Also, it would be great if you added this info into your profile...
    05-26-07 09:20 PM
    I would try what Navilyn suggested.

Also, go into your profile and make sure that all of your email addresses have notifications set for them. For instance, if you recently added an email address, you may have to pull up that address and enable the alert settings for it.

Go to Profiles > Select your active profile or the one you want to edit > select and open your email addresses and make sure they have the 'Notification' setting set to 'LED'. You may have to also set a tone too in order to get the notification to work.
    05-27-07 07:49 AM
    Thank for the info regarding the red light blinking. I realize now that the LED Notification light blinks red only for a short time apprising you that you have incoming mail and then blinks to green.

Appreciate your help.
    05-31-07 10:13 AM
    ...yes, it lasts for about 15 minutes!
    05-31-07 10:16 AM
    ...yes, it lasts for about 15 minutes!
    Can also be 30 mins..
    05-31-07 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD