I'm a BlackBerry newbie, but I didn't think I was that "un-techy" - however, I seem to have erased all the ringtones and the sample video. Everytime I try to access one of them it says it's unable to display the file. I'm sure it's something I unwittingly did when I first hooked it to the Desktop Manager, but now I can't figure out how to fix it. I assumed I could just reload from there, but it's not giving me that option. Or I'm too dumb to find it. And I haven't been able to find a browser on the phone anywhere - I know I sound as if I should have stuck with my Razr and Handspring Visor - LOL! Can someone take pity on me?
    05-04-07 11:28 AM
    Lemme guess, you have a Cingular Orarl? Probably a red one? I had the same problem a couple days ago w/ my GFs phone. Seems like a lot of the Cing red pearls are having issues out of the box.

Anyways, to fix it, just download the OS from Cingular.com, and reinstall it to your handset. That'll fix it =). Her's works perfectly now
    05-04-07 12:13 PM
    Geez - a psychic - LOL! Yes, a Cingular Pearl, yes, a red one. Although after I downloaded the ColorPearl program I'm wishing I had the black one. It would look way cooler with a different color pearl

I'd love to think it's issues with the phone, too, and not issues with my intelligence!

I'm going now to download - thanks a billion!
    05-04-07 12:25 PM
    lol...no problem. and yeah, the ColorPearl looks better w/ a black Pearl (whichi is what i have...), but a red/pink pearl goes pretty well with the red one...play around with the custom option, perhaps you'll find a color that you like
    05-05-07 10:14 AM
    The white Pearl is nicer! I had one for about two weeks...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-07 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD