hi! i just got my bb pearl and i am in love with it. i have t-mobile, probably only t-mobile people can help

first.. right now my plan is just as it was with my old phone, the only addon is a texting bundle. i'm not sure i want to sign up for the bb unlimited package, because i don't plan on doing too much browsing. what are the tmo addons, and what happens if i choose them? i haven't the slightest idea where to start. mostly i just want to text and, if possible (without spending 20 extra bucks a month) email. i do plan to eventually add the bb unlimited package, but before i dive into THAT endless word... i'm just getting used to the phone itself!

also, people are exchanging PINs everywhere. i think i have picked up on the fact that you can connect to others this way (lol) but does this require an extra service as well?

i noticed a mention of wifi to connect to (limited) websites, is this a service or is it just any wifi network? how do i make that work? i've been creeping around crackberry.com and everyone seems to know so much more than me, even the newbie questions are over my head

on a good note, i made a ringtone. i was proud!

anyway, any advice about this would be so helpful.. thanks in advance!
    03-15-08 12:25 PM
    First; welcome to the Black n Crack.

You'll need a BIS account (BlackBerry plan) to use anything that uses any data and PIN messaging.
    03-15-08 12:55 PM
    Ask TMO if they have an BB email only plan you can use. BB Messenger would require a data plan.
    03-15-08 01:34 PM
    thanks guys...

so tmo email only would not allow me to chat using someone's pin? i think i added email only at signup, i reviewed my account after i posted. except i never got any emails. i will check with them.

thanks again!
    03-15-08 02:02 PM
    Welcome... There are work arounds for using data, but for anything bb wise (ie. bb messenger) you would need the bb plan.
    03-15-08 02:49 PM
    First off welcome to CB.
    I'm a newbie here as well, but learning fast.
    As I understand it BB messenger uses data for messages so you'd need a data plan for that.
    Any browsing requires a data plan.
    03-15-08 02:53 PM
    I understand that you want to hold off on the unlimited plan until you get used to your Berry, though one of the cool things about being with T-Mo is that $20 plan. Personally, I'd get the add-on sooner than later; otherwise, it's like you're driving a Ferrari that has the engine of a Yugo (do they even make those anymore?).

Anyway...welcome to the group and enjoy your Pearl!

The T-Mo website will detail all the available add-ons for your phone. You can set up a myTmobile online account there, too, that will detail all your daily usage (minutes, data, texts, etc.).
    03-15-08 06:44 PM
    just get the plan haha
    03-16-08 05:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD