Just wanted to post a big thank-you to all the contributors here. I'm an American ex-pat living in Thailand. My wife has owned two 9500's (the first met an early demise in a concrete stairwell...) so though I wasn't into the mobile phone scene I decided to see what the fuss was all about and purchased an un-locked Verizon 9530. Thanks to this forum I now have an awesome phone...lol...after using all the tricks and tips (and overcoming my mistakes that resulted in many a "bricked" situation thanks again to the tips here) as a matter fo fact, we have two awesome phones, my 9530 and the wife's 9500. We are both running the hybrid 5.0.0.509 on the 4.2.0.179 platform. After tweaking everything we could find here in the forum, the phones are sweet.They both run smooth and fast and never lose EDGE...I have 30+ games and apps on mine and it runs beautiful. The wife has at least that many including themes. I had shopped around and checked out the iPhone and droid, but now I'm completely hooked on BB. Can't beat it for the money and being that I have difficulties with my fingers, the click screen on the Storm is a god-send. On the other touch screen phones I was all over the place. I had a new Samsung for two weeks before I got so frustrated with it I sold it and went back to my old flip-phone. We now spend more time playing with our phones than being on our comp. Other than reading this forum and d/ling apps, I don't think we've done anything else on our comp in the last couple of weeks. I no longer have any real need for my comp anymore other than to xfer doc's and photos to my flash drives and d/l music...lol... Thanks again to all!
    03-24-10 08:36 AM
    Glad you and your wife are enjoying your bb's. Welcome to CB!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 09:05 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry. Enjoy.
    03-24-10 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD