I dont want to sound dumb, but fairly new to blackberry. I've never used blackberry messenger but wanna give it a try. How blackberry messenger and how do you connect with people using their PIN? Thanks
    06-15-08 10:36 PM
    There is a lecture in Blackberry 101 blogs you can check out. It tells you all about the BB messenger. Its a IM that is just for blackberry's. You use the PIN to contact the other person your trying to message.
    06-15-08 10:41 PM
    All I know is how to get the pin.... Go to options-status-pin. I don't know how to use it either tho. Sorry. I want to learn! Will check back

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-08 10:42 PM
    Welcome to CB mjphoto...I recently began using the BBM, but I have yet to add someone using the PIN. I have found a great place for you to look and its on this site, the address is Lecture 8: How To Use BlackBerry Messenger | CrackBerry.com I hope this helps.
    06-15-08 10:44 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!! You'll be addicted in no time!!! Have fun with BBM when you get set up!!!
    06-15-08 11:27 PM
    You'll definitely be addicted to bbm...

06-15-08 11:35 PM
    Hello and welcome to the family...

244D52F0 is my pin. Add me if you'd like.
    06-16-08 03:18 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    06-20-08 01:11 PM
    Hello and welcome to CRACKberry!!
    06-20-08 11:08 PM
    hey guys..I am new here to crackberry and have a question about BBerry messenger...I am with AT&T and I DO NOT HAVE the data plan (therefore can't use bberry messenger)...my friend just got a bberry with a data plan and added my pin to her phone and her pin to my phone..however, I don't want to activate this service and get charged ridiculously for incoming data usage since I am not on a plan...I have unlimited texting and just use that service instead...

is there a way to deactivate bberry messenger? or will any messages sent to my pin just not be sent or charged since I don't have the data plan...when I go to the screen for bberry messenger it shows a blank contact list with no conversations...this is not charging for data service right? It just won't go through correct

basically I want to know if I will get charged for data service or how I can deactivate this feature so I don't get charged

Thanks
    Last edited by awin423; 06-21-08 at 01:35 AM.
    06-21-08 01:26 AM
    Blackberry Messenger is the stuff! Particularly cool is the ability to send off a voice file via BBM as well, seriously handy when you want to reply to a contact but are just too lazy to type in a reply.
    06-22-08 02:00 PM
    [QUOTE=awin423;409580]hey guys..I am new here to crackberry and have a question about BBerry messenger...I am with AT&T and I DO NOT HAVE the data plan (therefore can't use bberry messenger)...

OMG, get the dataplan! I can't imagine my BB without it.
    06-22-08 02:02 PM
    Hi and welcome.
    06-22-08 02:03 PM
    I'm a addicted newbie! I can't believe all the years I wasted thinking of my cell as just a phone.You've got to get a data plan. Check with your provider for a deal - if you can afford it, you won't regret it. I haven't turned my home computer on since I got my Curve.
    Why buy a Corvette to go the speed limit?

06-22-08 05:08 PM
    welcome to CB...heres some useful info>>>> BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ
    06-22-08 06:07 PM
    Welcome to the Crack!
    06-23-08 01:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD