Hi, I have read a few other posts here regarding security and staff on blackberry networks. I am a staff member ,one of many who is supplied a blackberry. I am totally aware that all emails can be read and tracked if need be and keep my personal emails to my private accounts. I have noticed lately that my boss has been mentioning specific points from texts i have been sent from friends on my blackberry. Not emails, just texts. There are some personal messages sent and i am feeling uncomforatble as this is my only phone and i feel as though he may be accessinf my texts. Nothing has been raised or said by my boss about this , but i feel a little nervous that he may know intimate details of my private life. Can he do this?
    Thank you so much
    10-05-08 06:35 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    If the BB was issued by your employer, it is his property. Therefore, he can snoop all he wants, just like if you were on your office computer.
    10-05-08 06:38 PM
    If the company is paying for it, then they have every right to view the information.

You may want to think about getting a personal line.

Welcome to CB!
    10-05-08 06:38 PM
    Hi , thanks for that, i asked once and he was very clear they can not read texts. They said they can get a print out each month for those over the allowed limit. I have never exceded this and after asking i asked if the content of texts could be read and they said no.
    10-05-08 06:44 PM
    If your employer is using BES then any and all information can be viewed
    10-05-08 06:46 PM
    OK, i will check if we are. I would leave the position as it is getting quite personal and invasive.
    10-05-08 06:54 PM
    Is there any way of knowing for sure if my texts are being read? Are they stored in a file somewhere?
    10-05-08 09:59 PM
    Here's what you need to know about what can be recorded, assuming you are on a BES.:
    Can a BES administrator read my PIN and/or SMS messages and see my phone call logs?
    Yes, if the BES is version 4.1 or newer and the device is o/s code 4.1 or later.
    • Starting with BES 4.1, the BES admin can log all PIN and SMS messages to the BES server, including the content of those messages.
    • BlackBerry Messenger messages and conversations can also be audited by the BES administrator.
    • In addition, the administrator can view all phone calls made/received to the device including date/time, number dialed, and the name of the person you are calling or who called you if that name is listed in your contact list.

Source: BES Users FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ
    10-05-08 10:24 PM
    Does any one know if your company administrator can trace your location when making and receiving phone calls. Or, if the GPS tracking device is only operational when downloading emails.

Thanks
    10-06-08 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD