So here the scenario...I open up my new curve and during the setup wizard I get to the "email setup" option. There are 3 options (1) "I want to create or add an email address" (2) "I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server, or (3) "I want to skip email setup.

For some reason I (incorrectly) chose option #2 - work email with a Blackberry Enterprise Server. However at the next screen it asked if my Blackberry Enterprise Server administrator had provided me a password which I chose the "no" option. The next screen just informed me to contact my system administrator to find out whether a password is needed or if I need to install the desktop software. I never did anything more with email setup at that point.

The problem: After realizing that I do not want option #2 and instead want option #1 (create or add an email address)...the problem is that when I get to the "email setup" portion of the setup wizard...option #1 is apparently not available or not an option because the option is not even there on the screen....just two options...(1) to either use a work email account with a blackberry enterprise server or (2) skip email setup. What happened to the original option of adding an email address?? It appears that I am now unable to merely adding an email address.

I tried wiping the handheld clean but that didn't work either. Could someone please help me so that I can undo this apparent email setup mistake and get option 1 back??
    08-17-08 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD