Alright here is the scoop. I have made the jump from the treo 680 to the 8310. The only reason is that I felt safe after lurking here for so long. Wanted to hold out for the 8320, but I am never near wifi anyway. Boy am I glad I didn't go that route! Here is my first day with baby red (seems like a baby in size compared to my treo.) Charged and waited what seemed like forever for activation, (did I mention brand new for 58.00 after rebate thanks to my upgrade money and 99.00 black Friday price, from the store, could not swing this deal online.) Anyway got it synced perfectly on my macbook, off to hunt. Sat in the woods deer hunting checking out my new baby red, made the time go by, cold and no deer. The following day this thing saved me oodles of time. Had to go on a family trip, 4 kids under 7, 3 hour car ride. Get to where we are going which was Macdonald's for the meeting place, no play land! So I had already downloaded Google maps, to cheap for telenav. Showed where I was, did a search for Macdonald's, came up with six Macdonald's close by, which one had the play land? I would have had to drive to all six, but the search gave the location and the phone numbers. I called them until I found the one. Total time about 10 minutes. I would have been driving all over looking for play land without this great, fast, brand new baby red. Google maps on my treo was painful to say the least, plus no GPS. Also used to give an address and show on the map directions to the nearest florist for my mother in law (we would have been waiting A LONG time for her to make that happen otherwise.) So just wanted to say thanks to the people at crackberry for the unsolicited recommendations of the Curve, wouldn't have done it without you.
    11-24-07 10:36 PM
    haha, great story, Johnny.

I just picked up the 8310 as well.
    11-24-07 10:47 PM
    I am also a proud new owner of a BB Curve. I have had it for almost 2 weeks and never leave home without it. BB maps and gps work great, helped me out quite a bit while in Toronto for the weekend.
    After waiting just over a week I finally received my Seidio battery door cover, hybrid case and holster. Haven't had too much time to evaluate it yet but from what I can see so far it's pretty slick.
    Also received a Motorola S9 headset. I will fill everyone in once I have had a chance to play with it!
    11-24-07 11:00 PM
    Congrats on the new 8310!!

Wow, I guess I'm not the only one that migrated to BlackBerry from the Treo 680. It was the first real smartphone that I decided to learn, no matter how intimidated I was by the technology coming from years of "dumbphones" and not being a techie at all (I'm still not...). I have to say that I liked the Palm OS...but hated the touchscreen with a passion. Plus...loading apps and the like was such a huge PITA for me, that I became frustrated...and took a friends advice...trying my first BlackBerry (the 8800).

The second day I had the BB...I had the OS "dialed" and knew I had found a new home. I soon migrated to the 8300 Curve, and after foolishly trading it for an iPhone (looooong story...) I am back to BlackBerry again with my own "baby red"...the 8310.

No...I'm not a "power user", and don't need a BlackBerry to deal with 200+ emails a day and a thousand salespeople under me...but I love how the BlackBerry helps me in my everyday life. It just "works"...and that's more than I can say about a lot of devices I've used.
    11-25-07 07:21 AM
    I have a red curve as well. I went into the at&t store looking to get the titanium one but liked the red one better. This was a month ago and so far I have no regrets.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-07 07:43 AM
    I to just left from the Palm 680 to the red curve 8310. I LOVE IT,
    11-29-07 05:39 AM
    Nice story Johnny! Welcome to the addiction
    11-29-07 07:26 AM
    Welcome, Johnny, Great story!! Enjoy your new device. I'm trying to convince my friends to switch from Treo's to BB's.
    12-01-07 02:53 PM
    welcome all you new guys and gals... welcome to the crack...

-db

its like ice cream...with hot fudge sauce...and whipped cream and a cherry...deep fried and rolled in powdered sugar and oreo cookie crumbs...yum yum said the bear...
    12-01-07 03:09 PM
    lol adrian have you convince anyone yet?
    12-01-07 03:27 PM
    Yesss. I've had my red 8310 for about two days, and I already understand why blackberries are commonly referred to as crackberries. I've never had such strong feelings for an inanimate object.

12-05-07 12:16 AM
    welcome to cb.....ahhhh the magical pull of these devices!
    12-05-07 06:12 AM
    Just got an upgrade at work for my old 8700 and I too got the red 8310. I love it! Welcome to the addiction!

12-05-07 06:51 AM
    Hi All,

I decided to trade in my treo680 after it met a watery demise. I've got the red 8310 and love it. It's nice to see others who did as well.
    12-08-07 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD