I've been browsing these forums for about a month now, reading up trying to decide between a blackberry and android.

Yesterday, I was eligable to upgrade my phone, so I got a BB 9330 from sprint. I've only spent 2 hours messing with it and I already love it. Coming from Windows mobile (Moto Q, Touch Pro), everything just seems to work better. The android phones were cool, but I've heard too many complaints about their battery life.

So far my only real complaint is where they put the stupid period key. Who thought it was a good idea to make you hit alt, then M, when the $ sign gets its own key? (and yes, I know you can double tap space to get a period, or single tap it in a url)
    10-20-10 05:26 AM
    Welcome to this place i'm also a newbie with BB, but unlike you i also have android phone (my BB is from work) and i just have to say that nowadays depending on what you use your phone for, the battery will last at most a day and a half.
    That what happens with my Android, but if you have a charger for your car and a typical usb charger you won't have problems by running out of battery.
    10-20-10 07:34 AM
    Welcome people!
    10-20-10 10:22 AM
    Welcome to the team! Android is dope indeed but for such awesome software with batteries made for Mattel toys, its a fail for people with heavy days. Hope you love the berry and I'm sure you'll appreciate the double space period after a while. You'll know when you start wishing your PC keyboard did the same. +1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-10 10:38 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I broke my touch pro about 2 months ago, and had to use a generic phone for a while, so anything is an improvement. I really just wanted a phone with a good calendar, email, and a great keyboard. I will use the internet, but not that often, so I think a BlackBerry will fit my needs better than android.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-10 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD