Hey everyone,

I am new here. I sort of wanted to share my BlackBerry story. Its good, its personal, and its sad..

Well, I guess it started somewhere in 2015 when the Passport came up. At that time I had an iPhone which I was getting really tired of. I wanted to go to something different. Nothing on Androids side remotely caught my interest. After lots of personal reviews of BlackBerry OS 10, I took a chance and bought my first BlackBerry, which was a Passport SE (Red). After receiving it, starting it.. I could say I was happy and had no regrets.

It was definitely the attention grabber. Everyone asked what it was, and so on. I remember that first day, first full charge. I used it and it lasted me 1-full day with 40% (give or take). I was really impressed. I loved the fact it was unlocked. I traveled with it, and again.. people asked me about it all the time. I was happy until I saw the Silver Edition and said I gotta have it. So, I sold the Red.. regrettably.. and picked up a Silver Edition. Nice touch differences, but over time.. I started missing the Red Edition more and more. So, for about 1-Year plus, I've been using the Silver Edition.

The phone has been a work horse. The battery life was just amazing. I traveled so many times and its battery life left me so amazed. I threw some movies on it, and watched them on the airplane over seas. In Airplane Mode with Battery Saver.. it was efficient as can be. That phone literally has SO much sentimental value to me. And now, we get to the separation. I noticed one day that WhatsApp, a HUGE influence on my decision, stated it will be unsupported after such and such date. I struggled with that fact.. because I had an amazing story in WhatsApp with a special person. Photos, messages, memories so amazingly organized and.. perfect. I didn't care about Snap or other apps. Other key factors were literally no apps to video chat from BB platform to other OS's.

So, this week was the end of it all. I purchased a mint, used Samsung S6.. and gotta say.. that phone drained battery like there was a whole in it just letting out energy. Goodness. 1% every 30-seconds. So, that phone was gone. Next, I said, well I like how BlackBerry is.. lets try the Priv. I liked that it has BB Hub and BB touches. I got it. Again, battery hog but more importantly.. such as sad attempt to say its "BlackBerry" I didn't understand any of it. The Hub was pathetic at best. And so my story ends where it started.. iPhone. Ugh. Like having a Lexus RX350 and trying to standout in a cross over SUV match. EVERYONE has a Lexus RX350. Boring!

In the end, I decided to keep this BB Passport for its amazing memories that most likely can NOT be transfered over to WhatsApp iOS. I want to clear, I have NEVER had any software issues with BB. The absolute worst thing on my Passport was sometimes the browser would freak. Otherwise, never had a stupid "Unfortunately, chrome has stopped working" garbage. Apple too suffers software malfunctions. But true to heart, I never suffered issues with BlackBerry OS like I did on iOS or Android. I tried Android versions of certain apps like WhatsApp.. and it was a total mess. That was my last effort. Man, I will certainly miss my trips.. my memories with this flag-ship of a phone and amazing OS like BB. We're being forced to leave them in one way or another. Next thing you know.. Take the red pill or the blue pill (Android - Apple). Windows will soon suffer its fate too.

So, what can I say about my Passport? It had the BEST battery out of any phone I've owned. It was the most stable phone. I loved its display, never bothered me a bit. I loved its ridiculous expansions/options/features. I loved how insanely secure it was. This is a pipe-dream of Android and I believe far beyond what Apple is capable of. Did it have the best cameras? No. Did it have all the mainstream apps? No. Did I care...? Nope. Hope there is a revival of BB OS and I hope BB see's the fatal flaw of going Android. The OS that's built by child and children can get into.
    Last edited by RedPassport; 05-16-17 at 09:48 PM.
    FF22 and parryberry like this.
    05-16-17 09:29 PM
    Sounds like your problem is with Whatsapp, yet you switched phones for the app, instead of apps for the phone. BlackBerry can't change Whatsapp's decision, nor that of any other app developer. There's nothing to revive. They had Android to try, or simply give up.

The OS that's built by child and children can get into.
    That's you're opinion, but definitely not mine. You should look at a KEYᵒⁿᵉ. It's anything but childish.
    05-16-17 11:07 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry and glad to have you aboard. Enjoy the website.
    05-17-17 01:28 PM
    Hey everyone,

I am new here. I sort of wanted to share my BlackBerry story. Its good, its personal, and its sad..

Well, I guess it started somewhere in 2015 when the Passport came up. At that time I had an iPhone which I was getting really tired of. I wanted to go to something different. Nothing on Androids side remotely caught my interest. After lots of personal reviews of BlackBerry OS 10, I took a chance and bought my first BlackBerry, which was a Passport SE (Red). After receiving it, starting it.. I could say I was happy and had no regrets.

It was definitely the attention grabber. Everyone asked what it was, and so on. I remember that first day, first full charge. I used it and it lasted me 1-full day with 40% (give or take). I was really impressed. I loved the fact it was unlocked. I traveled with it, and again.. people asked me about it all the time. I was happy until I saw the Silver Edition and said I gotta have it. So, I sold the Red.. regrettably.. and picked up a Silver Edition. Nice touch differences, but over time.. I started missing the Red Edition more and more. So, for about 1-Year plus, I've been using the Silver Edition.

The phone has been a work horse. The battery life was just amazing. I traveled so many times and its battery life left me so amazed. I threw some movies on it, and watched them on the airplane over seas. In Airplane Mode with Battery Saver.. it was efficient as can be. That phone literally has SO much sentimental value to me. And now, we get to the separation. I noticed one day that WhatsApp, a HUGE influence on my decision, stated it will be unsupported after such and such date. I struggled with that fact.. because I had an amazing story in WhatsApp with a special person. Photos, messages, memories so amazingly organized and.. perfect. I didn't care about Snap or other apps. Other key factors were literally no apps to video chat from BB platform to other OS's.

So, this week was the end of it all. I purchased a mint, used Samsung S6.. and gotta say.. that phone drained battery like there was a whole in it just letting out energy. Goodness. 1% every 30-seconds. So, that phone was gone. Next, I said, well I like how BlackBerry is.. lets try the Priv. I liked that it has BB Hub and BB touches. I got it. Again, battery hog but more importantly.. such as sad attempt to say its "BlackBerry" I didn't understand any of it. The Hub was pathetic at best. And so my story ends where it started.. iPhone. Ugh. Like having a Lexus RX350 and trying to standout in a cross over SUV match. EVERYONE has a Lexus RX350. Boring!

In the end, I decided to keep this BB Passport for its amazing memories that most likely can NOT be transfered over to WhatsApp iOS. I want to clear, I have NEVER had any software issues with BB. The absolute worst thing on my Passport was sometimes the browser would freak. Otherwise, never had a stupid "Unfortunately, chrome has stopped working" garbage. Apple too suffers software malfunctions. But true to heart, I never suffered issues with BlackBerry OS like I did on iOS or Android. I tried Android versions of certain apps like WhatsApp.. and it was a total mess. That was my last effort. Man, I will certainly miss my trips.. my memories with this flag-ship of a phone and amazing OS like BB. We're being forced to leave them in one way or another. Next thing you know.. Take the red pill or the blue pill (Android - Apple). Windows will soon suffer its fate too.

So, what can I say about my Passport? It had the BEST battery out of any phone I've owned. It was the most stable phone. I loved its display, never bothered me a bit. I loved its ridiculous expansions/options/features. I loved how insanely secure it was. This is a pipe-dream of Android and I believe far beyond what Apple is capable of. Did it have the best cameras? No. Did it have all the mainstream apps? No. Did I care...? Nope. Hope there is a revival of BB OS and I hope BB see's the fatal flaw of going Android. The OS that's built by child and children can get into.
    Have you tried______??? Never mind, there's nothing else.
    05-17-17 01:31 PM
    (Priv) such as sad attempt to say its "BlackBerry" I didn't understand any of it.

The OS that's built by child and children can get into.
    Hmm
    05-17-17 01:47 PM
    Hey everyone,

Thank you for sharing your story. I agree with a lot of what you said. I too went android for a while and hated it! Yes, I know some will have a hissy fit for me saying that's, But yes HATED . BB is what works for me and I will stay with it until it's last breath. . I did not like androids features, even after trying it for a year, I just feel it really lacked, especially that battery life and privacy. That's what I get for trying something new! Once I came back to bb, it felt like home. I love the battery life on this thing, and completely happy with the app selection. If there is anything that I absolutely need, like School loop to track my son's grades and homework, I can easily load through cobalts tools. Thanks Cobalt! Will BB ever be revived? More than likely not and that's too damn bad, and yes, then I'll have to change hardware. B-o-o-h-o-o.

Berry Delightful 
    05-22-17 08:55 AM
    Hey everyone,

Wow!
    Seems like a unbreakable bound with BBos!
    Well let's hope BB rise again and rule the world once more!

Posted via CB10
    spacejammer likes this.
    06-10-17 05:20 AM
    I hear you man. Recently, my Passport SE 'died'.. well, I thought so. It was never a reliable Blackberry: it has a constant reboot issue, at least once a day. But I love it still. It's beautiful. When I woke up one morning and was like, unresponsive, no lights or screen or power...I was gutted. I felt that I lost a friend. And I have a Galaxy S7 edge, so I got it out again. But damn, I missed a PKB. I had the hub software for BlackBerry on the Samsung, but it's still not the same, not as fluid or embedded in the software.
    However, after the battery drained: lo and behold! The Passport lives! It booted up again. I am used to Android, but at the same time, I still prefer BB10 and many of the BB10 apps.

Whatsapp support is disappointing : but that's Facebook! They own it, and they pulled their own app support from many devices, not just BB10, so not that surprising. It's one thing to stop updating the software, and another to disable it. It's not the lack of security, or the fact you have to build a complete new app from scratch! I don't understand why they have to do that: is it a separate server or something?
    I wish I could make BB10 apps, or reverse-engineer ones for BB10!! But I'm no coder or programmer.
    I have stopped 'updating' my Android apps, except for maybe the Banking apps. I deliberately download older versions, that tend to run smoother on BB10.
    While I have been thinking of buying the KEYone, thinking it would be the way forward: I remember selling my original Passport and Classic for the Priv...big mistake! I sold it ,(Priv), to a guy who had a Passport SE- which upon seeing it, made me go back and buy this one I have now. (love the keyboard and rounded corners better than the original).
    Now I am contemplating getting a Classic again. I just miss the speed of the Passport. I think I will be buying a few more BB10 devices. I still have a spare Z10 and Z30, but prefer the PKB. My wife still loves her Z30, and refuses to give it up. Mine is her spare!
    Simply : I like having something different. When it's all Android or Apple, I like having something functional and different: sorry Windows 10- I tried but didn't like you either!
    BB10 shows lots of promise that it will continue for many years to come. By then, maybe a new OS will rise up. Whatever will happen, I hope we can still enjoy our BlackBerry..

Posted via CB10
    spacejammer likes this.
    06-10-17 08:29 AM
    I still have my passport and z10
    Could relate to what u said

Posted via Blackberry Z10
    08-27-17 03:51 AM