I posted here before but never give a proper introduction so here it is.

Okay, here's the deal.

I'm with AT&T and used to have a BB 8800. I loved it!! Unfortunately it was stolen. And was stuck with my old razr for a couple of months. Someone gave me a blackjack 2. but it's a piece of **** IMO.

Now it's time 4 me to upgrade!! I'm thinking about getting the storm, but I'm hearing nothing but bad things about it. Also, I've been with AT&T for 12 years and am really having a hard time letting them go.

Would it be a good idea to stick with AT&T and get the bold. OR should I make the switch to verizon (which I hear has a pretty good network) and take a chance with the STORM?????
    11-23-08 04:30 PM
    Bold > Storm
    11-23-08 04:32 PM
    If you haven't done so, go to the store and check out each device.
    11-23-08 04:35 PM
    Depends on you. I have read some people loving their bolds but I get the impression it is a bit sensitive, seen a few busted screens. But I like features on both so I wait till sprint gets something close. As for networks if your happy why switch from what I've seen the bold is a solid device so I think you could be ok either way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 04:39 PM
    if you want to stick with att i would go with the bold ....but if you want the storm then do the switch and also all you would need is to get use to typing on the storm .....
    so in my opinion i would go with whom ever has better service in your area
    11-23-08 05:00 PM
    11-23-08 05:06 PM
    If you haven't done so, go to the store and check out each device.
    I agree, I went with the 8820 but that's because I didn't want a camera. The best thing is to go into the store and play with them. In the end it becomes a personal choice and what you think you'll be most happy with.

Welcome aboard!
    11-23-08 05:38 PM
    welcome to cb
    11-23-08 05:47 PM
    verizon and AT&T both have strong presence in my city. Only thing i hate about at&t is that the 3G network doesn't reach my house. Only when i travel a couple of blocks is when 3g becomes available. I'm going 2 the verizon store pretty soon to check out the storm.

But I think i'm going to just wait and see what happens with the next Storm firmware upgrade
    11-23-08 05:54 PM
    I believe if you are happy with your service provider, stay with them.

Bold... great device. I have this device and have tested out the Storm and prefer the BBs in this order:

Bold
    Pearl
    Curve
    Storm

A lot of users will put the Pearl first though.

Also the storm will be coming to AT&T as well... it won't be called the storm though... that is the loophole
    11-24-08 01:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD