Hey Guys I go to the University of Maryland and literally everyone has a blackberry so I did everything I could to get one and I finally got mine last thursday its cool and nice. I got the Blackberry 8830 for sprint. I previously had the 6800 mogul and there are sum things it can do that the blackberry can't which is a downfall. But I still love this fone.

Well does any1 have any advice for me on the best software I should download?
    I use facebook a lot any go on youtube also. There is this thing called vtap that I used on my other phone and I as able to watch youtube videos.
    I can't use that on this phone, so any1 know how I can watch youtube videos?

And how do I stop my texts from deleting? I put keep them forever under options but I noticed that the older 1s were gone.

And yes I did read the guide, like twice.

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Adecole; 10-19-08 at 08:14 PM.
    10-19-08 07:12 PM
    To get Facebook on your BB go to:

BlackBerry - Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones

Edit: Welcome to CB!
    10-19-08 07:17 PM
    Your texts are probably deleting because you are low on memory. Check out the memory optimization guide in my signature to learn how to free up memory on your berry.

You can only watch youtube videos on OS 4.5+ which is currently not available by any US carriers. You can download and install a beta version, but I recommend you wait until you are more familiar with your device.

Apps I have installed are Peek a Who, BBalerts, Aim, BBsmart alarms, and facebook. I alsop have the crackberry launcher.

10-19-08 07:18 PM
    Youtube is actually on 4.3 or higher. Yea def get the CB launcher.
    Welcome to Crackberry

10-19-08 07:24 PM
    Welcome to CB and just browse software, its amazing all the great software out there.
    10-19-08 07:38 PM
    I don't know why you would want to save messages forever. That will eat precious memory. Follow this guide to gain more memory. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    10-19-08 07:47 PM
    Cb Launcher? what's that and what does it do?

10-19-08 07:50 PM
    CB launcher is this forum configured for your Blackberry. Found on this site. You will want it. Welcome to CB.

10-19-08 07:54 PM
    Thanks guys

10-19-08 08:15 PM
    If you do not have 4.3 or higher, use Watch YouTube Videos on your BlackBerry with Blueapple.mobi | CrackBerry.com
    10-19-08 08:31 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Enjoy the addiction
    10-19-08 08:32 PM
    I am really addicted, but at the same time frustrated because I don't know what to do or where to start.

Neways uh how do I download this cb launcher everyone is talking about?
    Post a link or sumthn plz.

And how do I use headphones with my blackberry?

10-19-08 08:37 PM
    Hey guys... I'm new to CRACKBERRY currently using an Iphone, Awaiting the BOLD!!!!

But does anyone know if I will have to switch Data plans?
    10-19-08 08:38 PM
    I am really addicted, but at the same time frustrated because I don't know what to do or where to start.

Neways uh how do I download this cb launcher everyone is talking about?
    Post a link or sumthn plz.

And how do I use headphones with my blackberry?

Hey hey hey!

Point your BB to wap.crackberry.com and click on "install crackberry BB launcher". Follow the prompts.

Enjoy!
    10-19-08 08:41 PM
    Hey guys... I'm new to CRACKBERRY currently using an Iphone, Awaiting the BOLD!!!!

But does anyone know if I will have to switch Data plans?
    To get BB push mail, BB messenger and other BB related function, yes! Same price as iPhone 3g @ $30.

Welcome to Crack!
    10-19-08 08:41 PM
    welcome to cb!!
    10-19-08 08:43 PM
    Is there another way of dounloading the cb launcher becuz I true wap.crackberry.com and it said it culd not process my request becuz temporary overload or matenaince on the site.

10-19-08 08:46 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry It happens. I would try again later. It's easier from your berry because it is an OTA(over the air) file. You might be able to download to your berry thru your desktop manager.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 10-19-08 at 08:53 PM.
    10-19-08 08:51 PM
    Help!

10-19-08 08:51 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry It happens. I would try again later or try downloading apps to your BlackBerry thru your desktop manager.
    Ok thanks. But what does the Cb launcher actually do? Or how does it help u?

10-19-08 08:53 PM
    ok....thanks!
    10-19-08 08:53 PM
    Ok thanks. But what does the Cb launcher actually do? Or how does it help u?

It is a short cut application that places an icon on your Blackberry desktop that allows you to get to CrackBerry.com from your device while your out or just away from your PC- instantly.
    10-19-08 08:59 PM
    It is a short cut application that places an icon on your Blackberry desktop that allows you to get to CrackBerry.com from your device while your out or just away from your PC- instantly.
    ok, why can't ppl just go on the internet on their fone and use it that way? Becuz if its that's all it is I prolly don't need it because I access it from my browser.

10-19-08 09:01 PM
    You can. Try it both ways from your blackberry browser > go to the wap.crackberry.com(mobile viewing) vs. www.crackberry.com(pc viewing) and you will see the difference. Good Luck
    10-19-08 09:10 PM
    welcome to cb!
    10-22-08 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD