so with my Verizon phone contract coming to a close, it was time to for me to upgrade. i decided to stick with VZW since i've never had a problem with their service. long story short, i re-upped with them for another couple of years and decided to go with their branded BB Pearl instead of sticking with another plain-Jane phone.

honestly, after only owning it one whole day and a half, i've grown to like it a lot. the SureType, not so much. but it is pretty intuitive. i was actually considering moving over to AT&T since they have the Curve, but again, i've been so happy with VZW's voice service that i felt it wasn't worth the risk.

i really can't wait to pimp this thing out some more. btw, is it ok to be a little intimidated by the device? this is my first device like it and it's a little daunting.

i'm curious to see what RiM has in store for all of us in the future.
    12-09-07 02:49 AM
    Yes it can be intimidating at first. A lot of people when they see my BB they would have a look but they would say take it back quickly you and your fancy fone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-07 04:43 AM
    OMG man,
    Welcome to the BB world and congrats on the new Pearl. I just recently bought the exact phone and if you have any question or want to know how to change something hit me up. And if you know how to use BB messenger hit me up on there. My PIN is in my sig.
    And i am from SD, Where you from?
    12-09-07 08:20 AM
    Welcome to the Crack!
    12-09-07 08:21 AM
    Welcome to the CB fam!
    12-09-07 10:12 AM
    OMG_of_War...I think you did the right thing...I just resigned and got my Pearl and I love it...I am not a SureType fan, so I use Multitap on mine; old habits die hard!

I may switch to the Curve if Verizon ever gets one...For all of it's faults, Verizon is hands down the best carrier in my area (near Pittsburgh). We have AT&T at work and we have dropped calls ALL THE TIME; I have to laugh at their commercials. I just wish Verizon would get the newer models quicker, but, we usually end up with an improved version!

Enjoy your new BB and welcome to the best forum.
    12-09-07 11:24 AM
    Welcome. I have been lurking around and just upgraded to my Pearl 8130 Thursday. I love this site - it helped me decide between the Pearl and Curve.
    12-09-07 02:27 PM
    Welcome!!
    You should go with your instinct on plans when in doubt. My work phone is Verizon and I have had no problems for 6 years.
    Happy bb'ing!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-07 03:15 PM
    Welcome aboard
    12-10-07 01:06 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry
    12-11-07 12:02 AM
    Welcome to the addiction!

I went with the 8800 because I didn't fancy the suretype much, glad I did. . .qwerty rules!
    12-11-07 08:09 AM
    Welcome to CB enjoy your stay!!
    12-12-07 07:30 PM
    welcome omg
    12-29-07 09:01 PM
    Welcome Aboard!
    12-29-07 10:02 PM
    Since you want to stay with verizon,why not opt for the 8830?,it has a full keyboard and can work outside of the US.
    12-29-07 11:09 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    12-29-07 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD