Hi everyone,

I just picked up my first Blackberry, a Curve 8330 last night. I have been a Palm user for 10 years and just replaced my Treo 700P with the Curve so I can see what all the hype is about. So far, to be honest, I find the Palm a little better, but, I am going to give it 30 days to see if I can get used to the BB.

Cheers,

Sheldon
    09-13-08 11:57 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

You will certainly need some help conveting to your new world.

Please try this links for starters 101 Demonstrator for the BlackBerry Curve 8330 Smartphone. and then have a look at the 101 lecture series link in my signature.

After that, come back here and search, ask, serach.

Help is always available in here - always.
    09-13-08 12:03 PM
    Welcome to crackberry. I'm a former treo user myself and don't worry, you've made an awesome choice.

I have links in my sig you can follow as well.
    09-13-08 12:03 PM
    Welcome to CB!!!

I also came from a Treo and at first it's a little hard cause it's new but once you learn the ins & outs of the BB you'll wonder what took you so long!! Trust!!
    09-13-08 12:10 PM
    welcome to cb and enjoy the addiction
    09-13-08 12:13 PM
    Hi everyone,

I just picked up my first Blackberry, a Curve 8330 last night. I have been a Palm user for 10 years and just replaced my Treo 700P with the Curve so I can see what all the hype is about. So far, to be honest, I find the Palm a little better, but, I am going to give it 30 days to see if I can get used to the BB.

Cheers,

Sheldon
    Sheldon, Welcome to CrackBerry!!

CrackBerry is FULL of former Treo users (I'm one of them).
    The BEST advice that I can give you for your 30 days is to NOT treat the BlackBerry like it is a Treo. Treo may seem to be easier, but if you give the BB an all out chance, and remove Treo from your mind for the time being, you'll discover that you have one kickazz device.

Any questions....just ask. Many of us have been where you are right now.
    09-13-08 12:16 PM
    Former Treo user here too! I had horrible experience with the Treo's (three 700p's and two 755's), and believe me I wanted it to work so bad, because I did like the phone.

Just my opinion and experience, but they were never stable. Once I went to 8330 Curve, it has been smooth sailing, and IMHO it is much more customizable to the funtions I use. Have had it for 4 months and love it!
    09-13-08 12:22 PM
    Welcome to CB!!!

I also came from a Treo and at first it's a little hard cause it's new but once you learn the ins & outs of the BB you'll wonder what took you so long!! Trust!!
    Totally agree with Michelle
    09-13-08 12:24 PM
    Welcome To Crackberry you r gonna love your Curve.
    09-13-08 12:52 PM
    welcome to cb!!
    you'll find your addiction soon enough
    09-13-08 12:56 PM
    Welcome to cb! This is an awesome place to learn everything you need to know!
    09-13-08 01:06 PM
    Welcome to cb...I also was a former treo user(755p)but I haven't missed it one bit since getting my bbcurve a month ago.
    09-13-08 01:10 PM
    Welcome to crackberry. I've never had a Treo but all I know is that I can't stay away from my curve. I think it is a part of my fingers.

Enjoy the experience.
    09-13-08 01:37 PM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!! I still carry my Palm at work because of all the medical programs I use on it. Just wish the BB would have a lot more memory, to allow me to store more programs.....
    09-13-08 02:29 PM
    Thanks for the welcome. I am getting quite familiar and I am moving around the applications quite quickly. I have already transferred the calender from my Palm Treo contacts and calender. I have also set up Outlook on my home PC and synced my blackberry to that so everything is in there. Overall I am fairly pleased with the unit, but, I do need to find a better calender application for the Blackberry. I need to be able to search for a person in the calender to make sure I have an appointment. I went to use the Palm last night to make a call and I kept trying to scroll. lol
    09-14-08 09:18 AM
    I have used palm products in the past and found the blackberry has a faster OS. The use of Wifi is def. an advantage or Palm as well. Palm is outpaced in the mobile enviroment and will fade with the vhs tape
    09-14-08 09:48 AM
    Welcome to the DarkSide!!! Congrats on BlackBerry conversion! We are all here to help at anytime.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-08 10:06 AM
    Welcome to cb!
    09-14-08 10:12 AM
    Welcome to CB land and enjoy your Curve.
    09-14-08 10:13 AM
    Welcome to cb!
    09-14-08 10:21 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!

~JEF~
    09-19-08 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD