I just got my first Blackberry yesterday - A Storm. So far I am liking it, although getting used to the keyboard might take awhile.

Onto my question.

I set up my Yahoo E-mail first, sort of as a test bed for adding other of my e-mail accounts. When I set it up, I figured I would have complete access to my Yahoo e-mail account, i.e. I'd be able to view the 25 or so "read' messages in my Inbox and the 10 or so folders that I file my e-mails away in. Once set up, I learned that my Storm was only getting new e-mails, but I'm not seeing any option to see the rest of the e-mail in my Yahoo e-mail account. (Using the Free e-mail, not Yahoo Mail Plus)

I'm sure there's some setting thats not checked or whatever, but I'm clueless as to what one!

I'm also having the same type of issue checking a personal IMAP e-mail account that I am checking through POP (figured I'd tackle that one after I got the Yahoo e-mail ironed out). If I can even do that. Upon doing some searching, mentioning "Blackberry" and "IMAP" seems to ignite a fire within some people.

Next week, when I try to configure my corporate e-mail through a Microsoft Exchange e-mail server with Blackberry additions (I was thinking of subscribing to a service like MailStreet and enabling the BES addition), will I have access to my **full** e-mail account, or just new e-mails?
    03-14-09 08:24 PM
    What I have noticed so far is that you only get new e-mails pushed to the phone, can't get old e-mails or folders with BIS. I have no idea about BES, sorry.
    03-24-09 01:38 PM
    I don't think you will be able to look at the old emails thru the email. But you can download yahoo go and that will access your whole inbox.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD