Hi guys,

I'm new but I'm loving the BB. I've had iPhone, Android (G2), HTC Touch PRO before this phone and I just like everything about the BB. I got the curve 8330.

Does anyone know if there is an app that is comparable to locale for Android? I've searched for it everywhere. I know it'd likely be possible on the Curve as long as it possible to change profiles programmatically.

Thanks,

Allen
    11-27-08 10:26 PM

Hello Allen & welcome to the CB family!
    I haven't a clue about the app your lookin for. Sorry-

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 10:31 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!

11-27-08 11:06 PM
    Welcome to CB! Not familiar with android, sorry.
    11-27-08 11:10 PM
    Not sure either about Android... Here's some info for me and the rest of us

Android

Adamac Attack!: Android, Blackberry, and Mobile Application Portability

Great White North Prognostications � Blog Archive � Google Android vs Blackberry vs iPhone

Hey, by the way... Welcome to Crackberry!

Take advantage of the very helpful BB 101. BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com . Also the powerfull search engine to dig through this bottomless pit of Crackberry knowledge for stuff already answered. Post on those existing threads or post a new one if need be. Many folks here happy to help. Some searching tips... Go To: Search Forums / Advanced Search / Key word search / search by title / "pick a key word" that comes to mind and you might stumble upon some answers and/or clues. Or search by Post content...

Launch your addiction into the next dimension. Go to wap.crackberry.com (from your phone) and install your CB Launcher.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

No worries Intervention is not in our vocabulary here, enjoy your addiction to the fullest.
    11-28-08 01:37 AM
    What does Locale do? Is it similar to Info Space?

11-28-08 03:39 AM
    hello and welcome to crack
    11-28-08 03:45 AM
    Welcome to the wonderful addiction known as CRACKBERRY, U R amongst friends here so don't ever be afraid to ask questions!

Sorry have never heard of Locale, can U tell us more about what it does?
    11-28-08 04:27 AM
    Locale is application that will change your profile automatically given your current location using gps. So for example you can set it up so that you're using the vibrate profile whenever you walk into the office and it reverts back to normal after you leave.

Locale on android was the application that won the google application contest.

11-28-08 07:54 AM
    That is such a great app to have. I hope there is one. I would like to know also. Welcome to CB and enjoy
    11-28-08 07:58 AM
    welcome to cb ....
    and that sounds like a great app please inform us of such a finding
    11-28-08 08:35 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    11-28-08 08:45 AM
    I agree with bx2md
    Would like to find it for bb

11-28-08 10:33 AM
    11-28-08 01:40 PM
    I couldn't find one that was GPS-based (that would be so cool!), but there is an application called Profiler that will adjust your profile based on a schedule that you set up. The best part is that it's half-price until 12/1/2008! There is a free trial so maybe you can figure out real quick if it'll work for you or not? It's available on the Mobileheist link. Hopefully that will tide you over until someone creates a GPS-based app! Good luck and welcome to CB!

11-28-08 04:55 PM
    Welcome to CB!!
    11-28-08 05:25 PM
    Any luck finding Locale for BB?

01-18-09 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD