Hi everybody,

I have been a dedicated Palm user for almost 10 years. Last week I picked up a Crackberry Pearl, and I'm already hooked. Hooked enough, in fact, to have installed Outlook for the sole purpose of using it as a desktop counterpart, so I can synch my calendar and to-do lists between the Crackberry and Outlook.

I'm running into trouble transferring data around, though, and could use some help. Here's what I have tried:

SWITCH DEVICE
    The "switch device" wizard within Blackberry Desktop hangs consistently at the same record number each time. I've tried archiving all my older Palm data, in case it was a sheer volume issue, but it still hangs at the same number (albeit a different same number).

SYNCH TO OUTLOOK
    Shockingly enough, I can't find the original CD-ROM that came with my Palm. I've always been able to get what I needed online (ie, Palm Desktop). I understand that in theory, if I had this disc I could re-install Palm Desktop in such a way as to allow my device to synch with Outlook, which then could synch with my Pearl. But when I download Desktop Manager from the Palm website, it never gives me the option to synch my Palm device to Outlook.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Jennifer
    12-17-07 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD