Hi I used a Blackberry pearl 8100 in the U.S and it worked just fine. I came back home unlocking the phone and I'm using a local carrier GrameenPhone(Telenor) I have an unlimited data connection but I cant do anything(use the browser, surf the net nothing). My Carrier provides BlackBerry services but they don't allow handsets that are purchased from abroad to be used they allow BS only with handsets purchased from their outlets.
    How can I use the GPRS and internet on my phn. If I can't use it then I guess I'll have to ditch this phn and that is something that I don't want to do.
    10-20-08 06:14 AM
    You do need to have the blackberry services enabled for whatever SIM is in the phone. Without them enabled, you wont receive the service books needed to make most stuff work.
    10-20-08 06:22 AM
    If you have a generic data plan from your carrier you could perhaps use the opera mini browser for internet browsing.

You will not get the bb services, bbm etc this way. I'm gonna have a search and will post a link that may help you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-08 06:28 AM
    Here you go hope it helps.

How to use BlackBerry on Generic Data Plan - BlackBerryFAQ

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-08 06:34 AM
    Hey Hazysky thanks a heap I'll try it out hope it works.
    10-20-08 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD