Hey hopefully super helpful people.
    So i just got my new blackb erry and i am loving it! I am however confused about BBM a bit.
    I got the $30 data pack or whatever that comes with unlimited messaging, and all that jazz, including BBM. However I have friends in the states that also have blackberry phones. We exchanged pins and have sent a few messages, but now i am slightly concerned about the charges associated. I have read several different things on these forums, some saying international BBM is free, people havent been charged, and others saying it costs...
    Can anyone clarify?!?!?!

Thanks a bajillion!!
    05-06-10 02:47 AM
    As long as you are sending and receiving BBM's from your home area (you are not on roaming) they are free.
    05-06-10 05:33 AM
    Right BBM is free, it uses data only and is NOT subject to per message charges. The only extra charges would be if you were roaming and then being charged for roaming data. Probably that would be very rare, and ONLY based on where YOU are not were they are. (like if YOU were in the states when you sent a messages, then you would see extra charges)
    05-06-10 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD