So my curve 8310 got wet a little, soo I took out the battery and put it on top of my cable box for 2 days, it works fine but the only thing is that the trackball must be push down hard to work and it doesn't light up. I was wondering if i buy another trackball assembly will it work? I dont wanna have to get a new phone. Someone please help me cause this trackball problem is killing me let me.
    10-07-08 08:25 AM
    As soon as your phone got wet, you should have put it in a bag of rice for a few days depending on how wet the phone got! The rice would have absorbed the moisture in the phone. But if that doesn't work, then you should be able to get another trackball assembly to get it working again. Good Luck
    10-07-08 08:28 AM
    Whatever you do, DO NOT disassemble your trackball!!. It can be done but, it's very difficult to put back together.

Go to cnn.cn and order a new TB assembly and then try to take apart your old one. (coming from experience)

With that being said, who really knows what the problem is. As we all now, water and electronics don't mix and the smallest amount of water can reek havoc on your BB.

Good Luck!
    10-07-08 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD