I have been using my business issued blackberry message for personal use for a while now, which includes some conversations I wouldn't want anyone at work seeing .

Can my blackberry messenger messages be viewed or audited by work?
    is there a way to erase these conversations before any incriminating evidence gets into the wrong hands?

Help!
    thanks
    MM
    05-14-07 05:07 PM
    Well, if you are on a work provided device, then everything you do on it belongs to the company. If you are a BES, then yes, those messages can be tracked and viewed. I'd stop using the company device for personal use if you don't want them knowing what you are up to.
    05-14-07 07:49 PM
    Like Kasperapd said, anything connected to a BES can be viewed (since it's traffic) it's just dependant on how deep your I.T. department goes with logging, etc...

ps: company device = company owned data...
    05-15-07 02:57 AM
    As I replied to you at http://forums.crackberry.com/f50/log...-719/#post8807 YES, ANYTHING you do on the corp network with ANY corp device can be viewed. Consider anything that you've done on HR's screen as well as your boss's. There is NO way you can get around it.
    05-15-07 06:48 AM
    I was under the impression that personal messages sent SMS (I think that's text messaging on the BB) from the BB to a cell phone did not go thru the company data files?
    05-20-07 04:55 PM
    You're right, SMS does not go through BES, but via the service provider...
    05-20-07 05:39 PM
    I was under the impression that personal messages sent SMS (I think that's text messaging on the BB) from the BB to a cell phone did not go thru the company data files?
    Your right but the OP question was about BBMessenger.
    05-20-07 07:04 PM
    How do BB messenger messages get billed?
    05-21-07 01:40 AM
    It's processed as data!
    05-21-07 01:44 AM
    All of these replies, no one has answered the original question, quit wasting everyones time!

By default the blackberry logs on a bes are located in c:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Logs
    06-19-08 07:25 AM
    All of these replies, no one has answered the original question, quit wasting everyones time!

By default the blackberry logs on a bes are located in c:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Logs
    Rich,

Check out Kasperapd original response, he answered the question, last year.
    06-19-08 08:10 AM
    This forum post could be as incriminating... Lol.

Let's hope your IT guys aren't CB addicts.

06-19-08 08:51 AM

Question was answered and then expanded. If you are using a company device (BB, laptop, desktop), anything that is connected to your company's network. Some else is seeing what you are doing.
    06-19-08 11:35 AM
    OK OK, now whos **** is bigger?
    06-20-08 11:26 PM
    OK OK, now whos **** is bigger?
    Mine !
    06-21-08 09:45 AM
    welcome to CB....
    06-21-08 04:25 PM
    Question was answered and then expanded. If you are using a company device (BB, laptop, desktop), anything that is connected to your company's network. Some else is seeing what you are doing.
    Ok, while I don't have a company BB I just have my own I wonder. If all things that go through the company can be viewed by the company, what are the things going through the company? What if you have a seperate YM! account?
    06-21-08 04:33 PM
    messenger messages are not trackable through bes (at work). messenger messages are pin to pin messaging but with an account name tied to it. and pin to pin messaging is done through an sms service which is only hosted by the service providers network.
    07-07-08 03:25 PM
    OK Experts....so if I use SMS or MSN IM, and I my BB is through my company, how are the charges tracked?
    09-08-08 02:20 PM
    I know for a fact (cause i have implemented this) that users with Blackberries attached to a BES Server can have their SMS and PIN msg's tracked if the IT Policy on the BES server is set to False in the following areas (PIM Sync Policy Group > PIN Messages Wireless Sync and SMS Messages Wireless Sync). By default these are disabled. I would always assume that your being tracked. Also phone calls are tracked by default and everything is stored in .CSV files locally on the server (as listed in an earlier post) and broken out into directory's by date, or to a location of the IT Dept's choosing. As for Blackberry messenger and other IM's i'm not sure but i'm trying to find out, hence how i stumbled upon this Thread.
    09-13-08 03:41 PM
    Can someone describe in detail how the bb messages on bes are tracked?

Like everyone, we all chat, deleted msgs, chat some more, etc. Is is that your every move on the phone can be tracked and does it track all the messages that are transferred.

If this is so, BES is just too invasive.

I need some more info on what the output is, what i actually sent to the audit email address to get a better understanding of the tracking.
    11-07-09 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD