Hi there! Newbie here. I have a Pearl. I have 2 gmail accounts configured and I'm receiving my emails just fine. In searching applications to download, Mobile Gmail was recommended. Can someone tell me if and what are the benefits of Mobile GMail over my email being pushed to my device? Your responses are much appreciated.
    08-30-08 10:45 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    I've tried both and like the push better. Plus, that is just one more unneed app taking up memory.
    08-30-08 10:47 AM
    Using the Gmail app you can view sent, archieved, all mail, spam, trash, ect that you cannot with the push email.

for some reason my push gmail does not sync with my pc gmail or Gmail app. so if i delete something off of my push email i can still view it using the app. i actually like that and use the app as a backup.

that said i downloaded the Gmail app the first day i got my curve and i rrely use it. love the push email!
    Last edited by chrisy520; 08-30-08 at 10:51 AM.
    08-30-08 10:49 AM
    I dowmloaded gmail have the icon on my screen I like it works lke the desktop

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 11:10 AM
    does the bis server push gmail's in realtime, like the blackberry mail?

08-30-08 06:25 PM
    Yes it does. i get my gmail within seconds of it arriving in my gmail account. i've tested it.

08-30-08 07:10 PM
    thank you all for your responses. I think I'm just going to continue receiving my gmail pushed through the device. I have no problems and it synchs well with gmail on my pc. If I find I actually need to see sent email, I'll download the app later. Thank you all so much!
    08-30-08 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD