I've had this problem before, and I got my cousin to fix it-

First off, I had this annoying thing where the BBToday screen said I had one new messgae, but it didn't list it, and I couldn't find it in the mailbox.

I fiddled around with a buch if options and got it to go away, but in the process I messed something else up.

Now the messages screen is only showing the following:
    -E-mails from the last ~3 weeks
    -Saved messages (which I don't even recall saving)
    -Calls/messages sent/recieved since I made this mishap

This same thing happenedast time, but once again, my cousin figured it out for me - and he doesn't even have a blackberry! I'm pretty positive I didn't delete them, I just don't know where they went. I cankt find anything of help in the options - does anyone know what I did wrong, and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks so much!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-08 10:11 PM
    What's your file free? Options>status.

09-16-08 10:12 PM
    Ah- I hadn't even considered that. And yup, as you've probably guessed, it's at zero.

If it's at zero, are they still taking up space somewhere? If so, how can I see them? Is it possible to have them stored on my microsd card?

09-16-08 10:25 PM
    If your file free is at zero, your phone is deleting your messages. Do a search one stoners guide, and it will show you how to free up space on your phone, in order to prevent this from happening again in the future.

09-16-08 10:31 PM
    Cleaned up and made room, but I still have some questions.

1. Why did some e-mails go and some stayed? For example, I've still got my blackberry activation mail from the day I got the device, but I don't have corespondences from as little as 24 hours ago.

2. Reitterating a question from a previous post: Is it possible to store the messages on my massive memory card, or are they forever relegated to the BB's puny internal memory?

3. What triggered this to happen? I was messing with some swttings to make a (apparently incorrect) new message go away and than almost all my inbox is gone!

09-17-08 12:19 AM
    1. Not sure.

2. No.

3. I'm not quite sure what you're asking.

09-17-08 12:21 AM
    Jenay-
    To clarify #3 - was it random that these git deleted while I was messing with settings, ir is it possible I tripped something?

I think the problem's more-or-less solved, but too bad about losing my messages. Thanks everyine for your help!

09-17-08 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD