I'm a newbie.

I'm trying to learn to use a blackberry 8830 for my boss. He uses thunderbird pops on his desktop pc and receives hundreds of emails a day.

If I understand correctly, a copy of the messagesl from his company account arrive on his Blackberry, which are actually stored on some sort of Verizon server.

Is there a web interface that can be used to view the Messages on his Blackberry (and also to manage deletions in bulk).

Thanks!
    07-02-07 07:43 AM
    Nope, sorry. Emails are delivered to his client (Outlook / Outlook Express or Thunderbird) and a COPY of emails to his BlackBerry. But, no interface is available.

ps: it was available, back in the day....
    07-02-07 07:55 AM
    I would suggest having your boss change to a secure imap account for his e-mail. Then it doesn't matter where he's at, he'll always have a copy of his e-mail synced up, (home, office, traveling and using webmail)
    07-02-07 08:11 AM
    I had thought of configuring his email for imap but, the problem is, he gets so many emails that the inbox quickly grows very large and subsequently the performance of getting new emails is very very slow.
    07-02-07 08:36 AM
    On one of my personal e-mail accounts on my server, my mailbox is a couple gigs, I've never had any issues with it being slow at all.
    07-02-07 09:31 AM
    On one of my personal e-mail accounts on my server, my mailbox is a couple gigs, I've never had any issues with it being slow at all.
    Sounds great. Unfortunately, our's slow down way too much.
    07-02-07 10:26 AM
    Nope, sorry. Emails are delivered to his client (Outlook / Outlook Express or Thunderbird) and a COPY of emails to his BlackBerry. But, no interface is available.

ps: it was available, back in the day....
    There's something called Blackberry Web Interface? This does not let you delete emails?
    07-02-07 10:29 AM
    That was back in the old BIS days before they upgraded their BIS services.
    07-02-07 10:32 AM
    That was back in the old BIS days before they upgraded their BIS services.
    Doesn't sound like an impressive upgrade if they took away an important feature.
    07-02-07 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD