hey there im new to the site...
    uhm im thinkin in buying a curve 8320, but just wanted to find out what you people think about the phone, personal opinions?
    it would be my first blackberry, so i just want to hear what you guys have to say about it..is it worth it "the blackberry experience and all that..

thanks alot
    03-19-08 08:50 PM
    First off, welcome to CB!! I can't speak for an 8320 but I love my 8310. I'm never without it. It is so amazing, stable and capable of doing so much without any "bugs". All of us here at CB have the same love/addiciton to BB. If you just read thru some of the posts you'll see that having a BB is a wonderful experience

Get the 8320....you'll love it
    03-19-08 09:08 PM
    Welcome to the forums

I don't have a 8320, but I love my pearl.

The fact is most of us here would never go back to an ordinary cell.

Blackberry is the only way to go no matter which model you choose
    03-19-08 09:19 PM
    Let me just say, "GO GET IT ALREADY!" then you will be saying why didn't I do this sooner! I'm curious... what do you own now? I have the 8320 and let me tell you how addicting it is and how great this community is as well.
    03-19-08 09:19 PM
    Do it ! I love my pearl I won't ever buy another regular cell phone. Welcome to CB !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-08 09:23 PM
    It's a BlackBerry!! So how can you go wrong??? Besides......it's a Curve. Almost forgot, welcome to the CB

03-19-08 09:29 PM
    thanks alot everyone,
    but here comes the tough one,
    Im from Dominican Republic, so technically i will be buying(if i do) it unlocked and there are no carriers supporting BES or BIS (there is one, but they require you to buy the device at the shop [way more expensive]), so the phone itself, without the advantages that a carrier like T-Mobile with the UMA thing can give and all that, is it still worth it? (just in case we got wi-fi ) or in other words is the phone usage and all its capabiltiies and advantages something are offered by the carrier or brought in by the phone itself?
    (dunno if i got the word out )

thanks again
    03-19-08 09:44 PM
    Its a mixture of both. Some of the things are carrier and some are the phone. But either way, the BB will not let you down!

03-20-08 02:10 AM
    If there are WiFi connections near your work, school, home or any place your travel frequent, you will love to browse on it, especially with Opera mini.

I have a 8310 (similar w/o WiFi, has GPS though.) It's very stable, great programs to download for it. Great way to send and receive emails on the go. Great IM applications (WebMessenger = free & JiveTalk/IM+ = both have trial versions)

I would recommend this device.
    03-20-08 02:47 AM
    Any BB is great....but without any data it wud become just a fone to you.
    03-20-08 06:22 AM
    Welcome to CB - I agree with Solachica...
    03-20-08 02:31 PM
    Yup, Sola is right.
    You may have to pay the higher price if you decide you really want all the BB features.
    Can't hurt to talk to them though. Maybe you can get them to cut you a deal.
    03-20-08 02:38 PM
    Well, IMHO, my advice is to get the phone through the shops. BIS is an integral part of BB. Without BIS, your BB will just function like a normal phone / pda. There is really not much point to get a BB if you don't have a BIS plan.

I would really recommend paying a bit more, so that you can get the whole BB experience.
    03-20-08 07:16 PM
    I have had my 8320 for about two weeks and absolutely looooove it! I will never go back to a regular cell phone. I got it for personal use, but found out that I use it a lot for work too. I was worried that the phone call quality would be sacrificed for all the other stuff, but I find the quality better then any of the other cell phones I have used! Without the BIS I wouldn't be so addicted!

03-21-08 12:42 AM
    Hi and welcome.
    03-21-08 08:18 AM
    Welcome To CB!!! =]
    03-25-08 09:23 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry. The Curve is a great device, I recommend and BlackBerry.
    03-25-08 10:19 AM
    Any BB is great....but without any data it wud become just a fone to you.
    Solachica is right. You really want to get that detail (data plan) taken care of so that you can enjoy your blackberry without a lot of additional cost.
    03-25-08 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD