Hey guys... I've checked a few posts, but nothing really helped me out alot. I am up in Canada and am waiting until I get my Blackberry Curve 8900. I am going to put it on a "pay as you go" Rogers plan (not a data plan). So, heres what am I hoping the phone will do for me on that plan... Will I be able to check and send email (Gmail), go on the internet, and use MSN when in a wireless hotspot? As I understand it, the data plan is technically internet where ever you go... But I do not want to pay that much, and I always have a wifi spot almost where ever I go. So will I be able to do most of the things the Blackberry Curve 8900 is capable of doing with a wifi connection? Which ones (features) of the phone still will not work with wifi (GPS, etc)?

Thanks for your time. I didn't want an iPhone!
    Last edited by BlackBerryr; 08-05-09 at 11:50 AM.
    08-04-09 11:27 PM
    Blackberry messenger will not work but I suppose if you never try it you'll never know what you're missing haha and some apps won't work. Some will be fine with wifi others freak out. And you will be able to do your gmail at the gmail site but you will not receive any emails on your handset. I hope that was sufficient. But kudos to you for having wifi everywhere I'm jealous.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 12:26 AM
    Hey g3kewl, thanks for the info. So basically, BB messenger and BB email will not work for me. But I will be able to run MSN messenger for chatting with a wifi connection, and for email I can probably get a gmail app? Also, will the BB app world be able to run from a wifi connection? Or should/can I use BB app world on my laptop then import the apps to my BlackBerry (can you do that)?

I really appreciate the help
    08-05-09 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD