Well, I finally decided to move from my aging treo 755P to something more updated. Was a tough decision between the iphone and storm2, but the storm won.

I must say that I really like this phone, especially compared to my treo.

However, there are some programs I am already missing, and was wondering if anyone knew of any comparable programs.

Daynotz
    Shanghai
    Holidates, and most important
    Chatteremail (I believe handled e-mail better than the bb).

Thanks, and I am looking forward to many happy bb years.

Thanks

Craig
    11-03-09 02:01 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 04:09 PM
    Thanks. I've enjoyed my time with Treocentral, and hope to have the same time here.

To bigger and better things....
    11-03-09 06:37 PM
    Welcome and congrats on the move, I too myself come from a treo, 680 that is, just curious as to what you like better about chattermail than the BB push?

11-04-09 06:58 PM
    Welcome and congrats on the move, I too myself come from a treo, 680 that is, just curious as to what you like better about chattermail than the BB push?

11-04-09 07:04 PM
    Thanks.

With Chatteremail, I had it set to check each of my accounts every 5 minutes, which was fine with me. But I had complete control over the e-mail. Any action I took on the treo was repeated, automagically in Outlook, and vice-versa. If I mark it read on the treo, same on the desktop.

Also, I could access my various folders on the treo, just by setting up a mailbox. So, if I wanted to keep my "starred" email on the phone, I just added the mailbox, and anything I "starred/flagged" was always there.

I feel like there is a lot less control over e-mail on the bb. I have to look at them on the bb and on Outlook. That wastes time, to me.
    11-05-09 08:12 AM
    Who is your email service with? Gmail and a few others offer 2 way sync, and if you are on a BES I know it syncs both ways
    11-05-09 10:01 AM
    I do have 3 accounts with google (one gmail, two google apps premier). Still doesn't handle the same way that chatter did.

I can't have sorted e-mail on the phone.
    11-05-09 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD