Welcome chugg! Hope your BB experience will be a positive one from now on.
    04-16-08 10:25 PM
    Hi Guys
    i am new to the BB, I see that more then 1/2 the people in the verizon store use BB, so it must be the best.

I am having the same problem as Chuug, but i do not use Gmail or any of the free mail services, I have a business e-mail account. I am not good with the technical jargon, but here it goes. My email comes from a server to my outlook. After having the same e-mail addres for many years, I get bombarded with a lot of spam (100's every day), thank god my outlook 2007 filters 98%. I use to sync via Wireless sync, all my contacts and e-mails. When I deleted it from the phone, it deleted it from outlook, when I updated a contact on the the phone it updated it in Outlook. WHen I responded on the phone, it left a copy in the send log in outlook. Attachements were also forwarded to the phone with the option to download. I have been told that a program called Redirector may be the trick to do the same. Does anyone here have advice? I can see thier is a lot of experts here. Thanks Guys!
    04-17-08 08:02 AM
    You can setup your Outlook to access your gmail using the imap servers. It will all stay in sync that way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    How do I do this? If I do this my calander and contacts will stay in sync?
    04-18-08 12:27 AM
    how do I stop getting my sent mail to save in my inbox? On my phone?

Why when I sync my phone with my computer does it not delete all of the mail off my phone that I deleted on my computer? Please don�t tell me I have to do this manually with my phone. I between 20 and 50 emails per day for business. This would take me forever.
    04-18-08 12:55 AM
    I wish hotmail had OTA contacts/calendar/tasks sync option. ****, I even pay for my hotmail plus account just so I can use outlook. If I felt like going through the trouble of changing email addresses I think I would have jumped ship to gmail by now.

04-18-08 01:29 AM
    I wish hotmail had OTA contacts/calendar/tasks sync option. ****, I even pay for my hotmail plus account just so I can use outlook. If I felt like going through the trouble of changing email addresses I think I would have jumped ship to gmail by now.

Yes but I have gmail. I still cant figure this out.
    04-18-08 01:41 AM
    Chugg - If you want to take advantage of your BB, spend a little time to review the booklet while checking the forums and digest the material for future reference. This will familiarize yourself with some of the suggestions on here that you admitted to not understanding. Good Luck.

04-18-08 09:52 PM
    Ok I am asking again. Does anyone have exact instructions on setting up gmail through outlook to erase emails and stuff?
    04-19-08 03:55 PM
    This link gives exact instructions using IMAP which will do what you are asking.

Outlook 2007
    04-19-08 04:03 PM
    Blackberry also gave me this link as well which should be helpful.

Use Gmail IMAP in Microsoft Outlook 2007 :: the How-To Geek
    04-19-08 04:40 PM
    Cool... Hope you get it all working!!
    04-19-08 05:22 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD