Glad to find this site! I have a BB pearl and my battery hardly lasts at all-I feel like I am always charging it and never using it!I will try to navigate at home when its plugged in, but wonder why there is not enough power for a day-I shut it off and only turn on when I need to and have tried standby too. I also tried to change my ringtone, but when I select one, I can't hear it (phone not on mute)-so not a good start!I will take it back and see what they say as I am really looking forward to all the fun you are all having!
    10-07-08 08:21 PM
    How long have you had your pearl, batteries generally last about 1 year and half and they start draining, It could be that you have applications running that you arent closing properly by presing the menu button then scroll down to close or switch application. Take it back your store if your within the allowed return period
    10-07-08 08:38 PM
    I will see if that is the problem - I've had it for about a week!
    10-07-08 08:46 PM
    Yea application that use data drain your battery, so make sure they are closed.......but if isnt that then take it back and get a new one.
    10-07-08 08:51 PM
    I went through 3 pearls in a week when i switched to blackberry. I finally traded on my 4th trip for a curve and battery last 2 days!
    10-07-08 08:54 PM
    Remove the battery while the phone is on. Leave it out for about 30 seconds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 08:54 PM
    I will try all your tips-and if they don't work it will go back-I'll keep reading all the posts too!Thanks and have a great day-I'll report back in a couple of days with results!
    10-08-08 04:53 AM
    I have a good friend who uses a pearl and when we compare battery life, mine is about double his, and I use way more applications than he does. I know that often times batteries can be kinda touch and go. But certainly if you think that you are not getting proper battery life, take it back and try a different one.

Hope it gets better!
    10-08-08 05:32 AM
    Welcome to the addiction
    10-08-08 06:26 AM
    I called Rogers, took battery out, put it back, they wiped out all my info-I will try it again tomorrow and if not good, will take it back. I will keep you all updated and thank you for all your comments! By the way, Muffie is one of my cats...
    10-08-08 07:59 PM
    Well I use my berry all day long and usually have to charge at least once a day. My battery life is starting to get shorter so I see a new battery comming up in the near future.
    10-08-08 09:04 PM
    We're glad you found this site... Welcome to Crackberry!
    10-09-08 03:13 AM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    10-09-08 01:47 PM
    Yes, hello! Couple of things to keep an eye on is your file free memory. The battery pull you did will release some tied up memory -- I often recommend a reset instaed of a battery pull, but you need a 3rd party app to reset a pearl . I have posted a link below for you to use to ensure you manage your file free properly. Another thing to do along with a battery pull is to clear your browser cache every once in a while: While in your browser> press menu key> select options> select cache operations> select clear content cache> press back
    Your problem may have nothing to do with memory, but this is stuff you should know anyway. Another thing that will cause your battery to run low too soon is if it is constantly looking for a signal -- watch to see if the little signal icon is low and if your berry is always looking.

Here's the memory guide:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 02:08 PM
    Thanks for the hellos! Yes exelant, I will clear the browswer cache and check out this link! Thanks! BB seems to have more 'stuff' on it now-may be OK! I have already sent a PIN message and changed my face page and set alarm-there is hope for me yet!
    10-10-08 08:37 PM
    welcome to cb!
    10-13-08 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD