Hi everyone,

I'm currently an Android user (Xperia P) but about to buy my very first Blackberry

I was drawn to the Z10 after reading the announcement of the Z30 and decided that that one was way to big for me. I actually use this phone for calling people and don't like the idea of using a small tablet (no offence to anyone who thinks differently). I like the slick design of the Z10 and I'm interested in using a new platform as I'm loosing my interest in Android. I used to play around a lot with skins, themes, launchers and widgets but the last year I was quite content with the default skin of Sony which is minimilistic and haven't been using any of the other aspects which is making Android so damn interesting, flexibele and was the reason why I went for Android in the first place.

I'm a worried about the transition? Yes, a bit and that's why I'm reading almost every post here about the OS, the apps and the concept of sideloading. I will probably have to make a few changes on my side as not all application are available and I''m not sure if they will work via sideloading. My main thing would be the dutch parking app Yellowbrick which I use on a daily base and is pretty important for my adminstration (I'm a freelancer and need to maintain (off course) my own adminstration of costs that I make). We'll have to see and find out

I'm giving myselt until the end of the week and than I need to make a decision. Are we buying or are we not.........
    patel7 likes this.
    08-20-13 01:57 AM
    Why don't you get someone to test out if the app u want can be side loaded?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 01:59 AM
    I would say go with it. Feels much nicer than an android
    08-20-13 02:12 AM
    Why don't you get someone to test out if the app u want can be side loaded?

Posted via CB10
    There is no one in my direct area who own a BB to test it for me unless someone here, who lives in the Netherlands, is willing to test it for me. It's not a dailbreaker as there are alternatives / workarounds but it would make my live and this transition a bit easier
    08-20-13 02:22 AM
    Well, I took the plunge and just ordered a Z10
    I can pick it up tomorrow afternoon and start playing with the new OS. I'm away for the weekend, so I probably will use my current phone (xperia P) for a few more days, but next week.... we can really start enjoying the new toy
    08-21-13 02:14 PM
    I can pick it up tomorrow afternoon and start playing with the new OS. I'm away for the weekend, so I probably will use my current phone (xperia P) for a few more days, but next week.... we can really start enjoying the new toy
    Enjoy the new phone. If your experience is any part as good as mine you will love the device. Some of the latest OS leaks are much better than the original so be sure to at least get a late 10.1 or even better one of the 10.2 OS installed when you can.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-21-13 03:48 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

If you have any questions about your new Z10 please ask! We have have a lot of very helpful and knowledgeable people here.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-22-13 09:25 AM
    Thanks

Have been on this forum constantly for the last couple of days as BB is completely new for me (thankfully, I have a manager who is deliverable driven so as long as I do my job very well.... ). First step for me when I receive it (which should be in an hour or so when I leave the office and jump on my motorcycle) is installing 10.2 (probably 1047). I've read great things about it and I already found the solution for downgrading if necessary .
    08-22-13 09:34 AM
    Great decision! I'm sure you could have just asked someone on this forum to side-load and test the app.

I would advise that you have someone repackage the APK with the debug token for your email device to make sure it works as best as it can.

Welcome to the family! Majority of the Zed owners love their phones!

If you have any issues with your phone, it might be that your specific device is broken. Have warranty sort it out. Technology isn't flawless and sometimes devices are faulty on arrival. Mine wasn't! Mine has been nothing but awesome!

This community is very supportive so just ask if you need anything!

Cheers and welcome again!

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 09:36 AM
    Welcome aboard Miss_80! I can already tell you will fit right in! Just let us know how we can help.
    08-22-13 11:44 AM
    Well, you can help me with one thing ......... change the name of the thread and remove the '(almost)' part I just received my Z10 so it's official and as far as I can tell, I can't change the name of the thread myself. PC is downloading the 10.2 as we speak.
    Last edited by Miss_80; 08-22-13 at 03:06 PM.
    moody likes this.
    08-22-13 02:36 PM
    Well, you can help me with one thing ......... change the name of the thread and remove the '(almost)' part I just received my Z10 so it's official and as far as I can tell, I can't change the name of the thread myself. PC is downloading the 10.2 as we speak.

Title fixed!
    Miss_80 likes this.
    08-22-13 10:27 PM
    Welcome to the Forums! I'm installing 10.2.0.1371 as we speak (I had .1047 since it was leaked and LOVED IT!)

Enjoy the Z10!
    08-22-13 10:33 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

I'm a worried about the transition? Yes, a bit and that's why I'm reading almost every post here about the OS, the apps and the concept of sideloading. I will probably have to make a few changes on my side as not all application are available and I''m not sure if they will work via sideloading. My main thing would be the dutch parking app Yellowbrick which I use on a daily base and is pretty important for my adminstration (I'm a freelancer and need to maintain (off course) my own adminstration of costs that I make). We'll have to see and find out
    These articles should be of use!

Thinking of switching from Android to BlackBerry 10? Here's what you need to know | CrackBerry.com

Android to BlackBerry 10 - Step by step instructions on how to transfer contacts, calendars, pictures and more | CrackBerry.com

Is this the app you're talking about? I wouldn't mind loading it to test.
    Miss_80 and Nharzhool like this.
    08-26-13 03:36 PM
    I'm gunna tell you one thing that not many people get a chance to be told this; Be patient.

There are gunna be some bumps on the road to liking your Z10 but at the end, it's worth it!

With the leaked unlocked runtime and 10.2, you shouldn't have a problem at all!

Welcome to the RIMpire!

douevenCB10?
    08-27-13 01:20 AM
    Wow! A Miss with a motorcycle and a Miss buying a BB10 device! Better yet, she is going to sideload! I think I am on the wrong side of the world! You are going to love it
    08-27-13 01:39 AM
    Thanks everyone. I feel right at home here.

I installed 10.2 this morning and brought the phone to work (didn't want to wait any longer ) but the simcard is still in the other one. First application that I downloaded was the CB.

Next step would be the new android runtime that was released this weekend so that I can test if Yellowbrick would work. @diegonei : thanks for the offer to test, but I don't think you can test it because you need an account an a parking card to be able use the application and to be honest, I'm about to kill the entire subscription. I've emailed them a week ago and if you don't even have the courtesy to reply to an email, you don't really value your customers . I will be riding my bike to the office this week so I don't really need now. Seems to me, that this is a perfect time to transfer to another provider.

Considering the fact that Yellowbrick was the only reason for me to be a bit worried, there is no reason for me not to enjoy the phone. Everything is setup, just need to link a creditcard to it and we can start buying the first application that I want => XRMT.
    Oeh, I love playing with a new toy
    Nharzhool, moody and diegonei like this.
    08-27-13 01:49 AM
    Hi all pretty much new to bb again I did have a bb9320 then went to the android craze but I must say after 3 months I back on blackberry, I tend to find smartphones gobble up data as im on a limited amount a month I was unable to have things like facebook whatsapp running in back ground, whats point of smart phone when you got to turn data on and off all day lol . anyway got a 2nd hand torch 9810 and love it better then the 9320 so if I ask questions and don't make sense sorry lol ....
    08-27-13 04:14 AM
    Oke, so I'm going to ask (probably a very) dumb question, but please forgive me for this one time as this is my very first BB and I'm been using it for less than 24 hours

I've been reading a lot about sideloading and went through all the posts of the new android runtime thread, but there is one thing that I don't seem to grasp. You have to convert a apk file to a bar file. That's clear to me, but than do I still need a program as DDPB for installing an app onto the Z10? For some reason I thought that the new version of the runtime made that no longer necessary but than the question is, how do I get the applications onto the Z10.
    Basically I'm

Secondly, I'm reading a lot of post of people requesting a specific runtime version for there OS version but if I look at the startposts of the new runtime they only mention OS10.2 (no specific version). Can I use the latest version or am I missing something crucial here?

Thanks!!
    08-27-13 06:38 AM
    Welcome. Enjoy your now acquired Z10.
    08-27-13 05:22 PM
    Oke, so I'm going to ask (probably a very) dumb question, but please forgive me for this one time as this is my very first BB and I'm been using it for less than 24 hours

I've been reading a lot about sideloading and went through all the posts of the new android runtime thread, but there is one thing that I don't seem to grasp. You have to convert a apk file to a bar file. That's clear to me, but than do I still need a program as DDPB for installing an app onto the Z10? For some reason I thought that the new version of the runtime made that no longer necessary but than the question is, how do I get the applications onto the Z10.
    Basically I'm

Secondly, I'm reading a lot of post of people requesting a specific runtime version for there OS version but if I look at the startposts of the new runtime they only mention OS10.2 (no specific version). Can I use the latest version or am I missing something crucial here?

Thanks!!
    Hello Miss_80 and welcome to CB! You should definitely watch this tutorial by Xsacha's on how to sideload:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=817781

It's very thorough and you don't need DDPB. If you get stuck during any of the steps, just give us a shout!

It's very nice to hear that you've done a lot of research and know exactly what BB10 offers before getting a Z10. You even installed the leak 10.2 OS! Congrats on losing your leak virginity!

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 07:09 PM
    looking for new friends I am 14 so looking for people my age. I am from the UK clean chat only I have a boyfriend. 2A10F424
    08-28-13 10:26 AM
    welcome to the forums !
    08-30-13 11:41 AM
    I love my Z10. I was considering the Z30, but who knows if it will ever come.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 4
    08-30-13 02:17 PM
    Oh you sound like me when I get a BlackBerry into my head!!!

Congrats!!!! Enjoy your Z!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-30-13 02:18 PM
29 12