I hate to be the outkast

I was very excited hearing all these things about "Blackberry" coming from palm for two or three years of diffrent ones the blackberry world is very very diffrent and its taking me alot of getting used to but for some reason i'm not feeling comfortable yet i miss the treo alot any advise???????? before i make the jump and exchange the berry for the treo
    04-23-08 09:04 PM
    Take a day off and take your blackberry out. No one else just you and the berry. I guarantee you be addicted if you get to know it.
    04-23-08 09:06 PM
    or use the treo one day, the bb the next for like a week. i guarantee you'll find yourself picking up the BB more
    04-23-08 09:08 PM
    I also came from the Treo 650, and yes, it absolutely takes some time to adjust. But once you do, you won't even think about the Palm OS again.
    04-23-08 09:15 PM
    You mean to tell me that you miss your treo restarting every 2 hours?!?! I know I don't!
    04-23-08 09:26 PM
    The contact adding and syncing from the computer is wayyy diffrent
    The threaded text conversations is not the same
    I can get used to living with out the touch screen but it was nice having it
    I got the 8830 from sprint so i had to compromise the camara which also i didnt use all the time but it was nice to know it was there and its like alot of stuff thats just bugging me about it but trust me im trying my best to over look all that and just enjoy the good aspects about it
    04-23-08 09:29 PM
    I never had a PDA before I got my BB but it was very easy for me to learn. Especially with all the help I got right here on CB! I don't know if anybody could ever talk me out of a BB.
    04-23-08 09:29 PM
    Its like any relationship you have to nurture it and learn to love it
    04-23-08 09:31 PM
    1) quite different, true. but just as effective.
    2) Very good point. The threaded text was sweet - can't argue that one.
    3) Maybe the Curve would be a better choice, as it has a camera
    4) Don't give up yet...
    04-23-08 09:31 PM
    Before I got the 8830 (two weeks ago) you would have had to pry my treo 650 from my. Cold dead hands .. After two or three days I'm fully addicted and there is no way I could go back! The only thing I miss is the threaded messages

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-08 09:35 PM
    coming from a windows mobile touchscreen (phones and pdas) it took about two days to get used to the idea of no touch screen. Now I love it.
    04-23-08 09:35 PM
    1) Yes effective but why a blackberry if it going to make it more difficult
    2) I wanna cry everytime i get a text message and dont see the thread
    3) Sprint has no curve yet and who knows when it going to get it with all these rumors about it being pushed back for months
    4) I'm trying to control my self from calling sprint and starting the return process but i gotta admit something is keeping me from doing it for some reason i dont know if its the way it looks or something that im enjoing about it that im not apreceating yet or maybe its just the name " i got a "BLACKBERRY"

Please guys help me
    04-23-08 09:36 PM
    Dude, I actually test drove a Treo 680 for about 2 months while waiting on the then new 8525 to come in.

The Treo (IMO) was a nice phone, but I couldn't get with that Palm based system. I see you must have grown attached to it.

I was a windows mobile person. I loved it, but it had its flaws as well, that I just tolerated.

I cried and complained when I first got my Blackberry, especially when I got on this website. I'm surprised I didn't get flamed and run off. Like I learned the Palm OS and was accustomed to the Windows OS, it just took me a little time to adjust to the Blackberry OS. And now with the upgraded new OS, I'm not missing out on anything.

And the possibility of 3G-Wifi and the new OS all wrapped up into one phone, you can't give up on it yet.

Take your time and make sure you have given it a fair shake. Yea, everyone here is partial to the BB, but no one is blowing smoke. It's a great phone. However, you have to live with what works for you. Choose what makes you happy and works for you and your lifestyle. Don't just go with the Blackberry because we said you should.

Good luck in your choice.

...any hopefully you will come to your &#^#% senses! just kidding
    04-23-08 09:36 PM
    If i do switch out and go back im going to $%#$(^# miss this community you guys are all great!
    04-23-08 09:40 PM
    Dude,

I am living in a post-Palm world.

For reals. BB is superior.
    04-23-08 09:49 PM
    I hope thats true and BB really is Supirior :-( Why don't some of you guys add me to your BB messenger and send me some words of hope so i can carry around on my BB all day tommrowo maybe that'll help... Do it for an aspring addict........

PIN 3199A5C1
    04-23-08 09:54 PM
    I also came from using an iPhone and Treo 750, both with great threaded SMS.

That is the only thing I really miss about my Palm/iPhone.

BB is the way to go bro...
    04-24-08 12:32 AM
    I came from using a Treo and Moto Q. Windows mobile on the Q ran horrible and the Treo would often reboot when I received a call. Since I got my BB I have never looked back.
    04-24-08 01:03 AM
    Before i got my Curve, i was a Treo guy. that was approx. 4 months ago. I used Treos for YEARS.

Only thing that i miss is the threaded SMS. That was amazing, although NOONE but palm has it like a chat. Winblo is crap, the iPhone is ok, but nowhere near the Palm.

I loved mine in approx 3 days, it took almost a week to get fully addicted, and fully comfortable with it.
    04-24-08 01:22 AM
    the Pearl 8100 has thread messaging. If I or someone text me and I reply or get a reply it's all in one text seperated by a line and the date and time and the sender of the message

1) Yes effective but why a blackberry if it going to make it more difficult
    2) I wanna cry everytime i get a text message and dont see the thread
    3) Sprint has no curve yet and who knows when it going to get it with all these rumors about it being pushed back for months
    4) I'm trying to control my self from calling sprint and starting the return process but i gotta admit something is keeping me from doing it for some reason i dont know if its the way it looks or something that im enjoing about it that im not apreceating yet or maybe its just the name " i got a "BLACKBERRY"

Please guys help me
    04-24-08 02:25 AM
    Give it some time!! The more time you spend on your bb, the more you will figure out. I'm sure you'll learn to love it!
    04-24-08 02:26 PM
    I agree just give it some time. I just got my BB about a month ago. Granted I didn't come from a treo (came from just a flip phone) but it was pretty hard at first. I really wanted to just scrap it and get a new flip, but I stuck w/ it. I know one little thing that helped me out was using the BB Dimension Icon theme versus the ATT one that loads up on the curve. For some reason the ATT one got on my nerves and I hated it. Granted u have Sprint but maybe something little like that might help. Good Luck!!!
    04-24-08 02:41 PM
    i've never owned a treo, but i couldn't be happier with my bb.

it's absolutely wonderful.
    04-24-08 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD