Hello crackberry's

I'm a newbie and I just want to know what is it about the blackberry that has everyone hooked? I'm a ex-Treo user and decided to give the blackberry a try..I'm digging it so far. If anyone has some tips or tricks to share with me I would appreciate it!
    01-04-08 09:46 PM
    Welcome to the forum!

First tip: Connect your device to your computer and run DM. Clean pre-loaded apps or demos. This will free up your memory and would prevent losing important emails or logs. And do not load too many themes. I know of somebody who had 40. Can't understand why?

Second tip: Search
    01-04-08 10:07 PM
    DM..ok but what apps should i get rid of???...oh and you didn't tell me what has you hooked
    01-04-08 10:20 PM
    I would get rid of Sample Video, languages you don't need, sample pics if you don't use them. for a start.

And the best part of a BB is that it just works.
    01-04-08 10:25 PM
    DM..ok but what apps should i get rid of???...oh and you didn't tell me what has you hooked
    Once you connect your device, it should list down what's pre loaded and go from there. Since I use 3rd party apps instead of what was pre-loaded, I uninstalled them to save up some memory space. Apps such as the pre-loaded IM, since I use both JiveTalk and IM+ (going to review them sometime so that's why I have both). Using CryptMagic, so uninstalled Password Keeper. Basically just free up your memory as you go. Feel your need and then you can decide what to keep and what not.

As for getting hooked on this? If I tell you, I will then have to kill you just kidding.
    01-04-08 10:30 PM
    Thanks you ladies and gentleman. Are there any third party downllads that are a must in the crackbeery world?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-08 10:57 AM
    Welcome to your new addiction! I came to the Berry-side after fighting with a Windows Mobile device. I love my Berry. I haven't had to do one battery pull or reset since I got it and that was over a week ago, and its hardly left my hand. Amazing!
    01-05-08 11:04 AM
    Once you connect your device, it should list down what's pre loaded and go from there. Since I use 3rd party apps instead of what was pre-loaded, I uninstalled them to save up some memory space. Apps such as the pre-loaded IM, since I use both JiveTalk and IM+ (going to review them sometime so that's why I have both). Using CryptMagic, so uninstalled Password Keeper. Basically just free up your memory as you go. Feel your need and then you can decide what to keep and what not.

As for getting hooked on this? If I tell you, I will then have to kill you just kidding.
    I hooked up to DM but the only apps it showed where the (2) I downloaded? it didn't show any pre-loaded apps? can i manually remove them with out the DM?
    01-05-08 12:17 PM
    the cb desktop shortcut is a must have for any bb owner and cb user
    01-05-08 09:55 PM
    Welcome to the CB. There's a lot of good information located on the site in the forums. Also, check for forum threads related to your model of BB
    01-06-08 04:03 PM
    Are you hooked yet charles.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-08 11:45 PM
    A must for me would be the crackberry store. Look there for all the gadgets for your number 1 gadget!

H
    01-07-08 04:41 PM
    Welcome Charles. I'm a reformed Treo (PalmOS) user. I'll NEVER go back!

re: what add ons to have - If you're in to IMs, I'd say JiveTalk. Of course, there's the CB.com link. If you use Yahoo, YahooGo is pretty cool
    01-07-08 06:27 PM
    another former palm user (treo ick...)

i will NEVER go back...

I love everything about the pearl... and it has made my life a lot easier and more organized...

-db

welcome to the addiction
    01-07-08 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD