Hi All,
    I used to be able to figure things out. But somehow I'm stumped here.

I have a new BB Bold. My PC is running win xp. I have outlook 2003 on the PC.
    I'm starting to get the hang of the BB, and would like to start using the calendar a little more robustly. I used to have a pocketpc and used activesync to sync them up. My BB came with a cd called blackberry user tools. I assume the desktop manager is on it. Problem is this; when I put the cd in the drive, it autoruns. But the problem is that the screen is blank/grey. Like there's something missing from my java or flash or whatever the autorun uses.

Is there somewhere that I can download the desktop manager? I went to the blackberry site and there is quite a selection to choose from. So what do I need to get this thing synced up to my PC, and where can I find it?

Thanks!
    B.
    11-15-08 07:00 PM
    11-15-08 07:02 PM
    Thanks! Now to install....

One other question, can I install it on more than one PC for the same BB?
    Thx!
    B.
    11-15-08 07:48 PM
    You can install the BB Desktop Manager on multiple machines, but I'd be careful when you sync and back-up so you don't have multiple versions if you need to restore.

Why do you want it on multiple machines?
    11-15-08 10:49 PM
    Not sure why I want to, to tell the truth. I think it's just a leftover habit from before I had the house networked. Probably no need to now.

And, BTW, the install and sycn went beautifully. Now I just need to fix my contacts and sync again.

Thanks!
    B.
    11-15-08 10:56 PM
    Glad your program worked out for you. Our addicts are very helpful!

Enjoy your addiction
    11-15-08 11:44 PM
    OK, now I've manually edited/removed/fixed the contact list in my PC's MS Outlook. Where do I select in the desktop manager app to replace the contacts on my phone with those on my PC?

Thanks!
    B.
    11-16-08 01:27 AM
    Make sure you go to back-up restore and make a back-up copy of your device. Get in the habit of backing up regularly. I can't tell how many time's we've heard "I meant to do it last week," when a bb has trouble and there is no back-up copy to use to restore a device.
    11-16-08 03:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD