I'm trying to find information on how to use my husbands work blackberry, for reasons I won't get into.
    I'm not sure what series he has but it looks very similar to the picture of the phone in the add for the craddle. One side the buttons are white and the other side they are black. It has a green phone symbol then a dash then a red phone symbol just under the screen.
    He gave me the password but if I can't navigate the phone it's really worthless.
    Any help I can get will be appreciated.
    07-16-07 08:10 AM
    Dear Clueless,

Does the model have a trackball in the middle of it? Have you entered the password in the device and gotten to the main screen? Are you trying to open up mail or see contacts?

If you could give me some feedback, perhaps I could help guide you to whatever it is you are trying to find.

As I am sure you know, anyone that would give their password out whether it's a husband, boyfriend or friend, would indicate to me that they have removed anything that would be confidential. I know that if I had to give my password, which I would never do, I would wipe the device clean and it would be back to the way it was when I got it out of the box. Mine has information on our clients that are highly confidential. I work for a criminal law firm so privacy and confidentiality is crucial.

Gia
    Last edited by Giavanna; 07-16-07 at 10:05 AM.
    07-16-07 09:16 AM
    ...am I missing something here? If he gave you the password for it, why can't he assist in showing you how to use it?

I just think there is a lot more here, than meets the eye...
    07-16-07 11:44 AM
    If someone hands you their BlackBerry and says feel free to check any emails, chances are anything that might be questionable has been deleted and there is no way to check this out. I am going to send you a personal message and I apologize for not doing so to begin with since this is a very personal matter.

Gia
    Last edited by Giavanna; 07-16-07 at 06:14 PM.
    07-16-07 11:54 AM
    Does the model have a trackball in the middle of it? Have you entered the password in the device and gotten to the main screen? Are you trying to open up mail or see contacts?
    Yes, yes & yes.

My husbands job is not one in which there would be a lot of confidential information. I really didn't want to go into this on this message board but he gave me the password on the advice of our marriage counselor because of a long term affair he had with a co-worker and his reluctance to quit his job over it even though they still work together very closely.
    He has given me permission to check his calls and e-mails and is willing to go over them with me. I would just feel better if I knew how to use it myself so I know there isn't anything he is "forgetting" to show me.

I hope you understand how difficult this situation is for me and how much I hate to have to tell this to perfect strangers.
    07-16-07 05:27 PM
    Clueless I have a couple of suggestions for you : Why not buy the same type of blackberry he has so that you will be as well versed as he is.

Or you can just download the manual or ask him for the manual he got with the phone.

I hope that helps if you have any questions get back to me.
    07-16-07 05:45 PM
    Clueless, thanks for taking the time to reply to our questions. I now way intended for you to share such personal information...

But, since you have, you've sort of opened the door. So, with that being said, I'll say this about it, and only this: If it was me, I would have deleted any and everything that would get me in 'trouble', and then give you the BlackBerry. The trick is this, give it BACK to him, and just pretend you have no desire to look at it, or check it. In a few weeks, out of the blue, ask him to check it. But, have him do it for you while you're sitting there, check emails, sms (text messages). Nothing like catching someone off guard...

To answer your ORIGINAL question, from the main screen on the device, you might either see, lots of icons, or five icons. It really depends on the theme being used. The first icon (looking like an envelope) will be messages (incoming emails). From here (press the trackball or thumbwheel in) it will allow you to see all emails coming in. Click on the one you want to read, pressing ESC will close the email (on some devices, they don't have ESC or an arrow curving to the left, they have a button on the righthand side of the device)...

Lets start with that. If you have more questions, specific (since there is so much to learn on BlackBerry's), please post away...

I plead with everyone else to stick to the original question, and not to dwell on the personal issue part of this post...
    Last edited by anon(153966); 07-16-07 at 06:12 PM.
    07-16-07 06:05 PM
    Clueless,

I sent you a private message. Did you get it? If I can be of assistance, please send me a privatel message and I will try to help you.

Gia
    Last edited by Giavanna; 07-16-07 at 07:36 PM.
    07-16-07 06:32 PM
    Thank you all for your help. The information has been very useful.
    Gia, I did reply to your message. Let me know if you don't receive it.
    07-16-07 07:15 PM
    Clueless,

Got the message and replied. You can send me a private message any time. I'm here for you.

Gia
    Last edited by Giavanna; 07-16-07 at 07:36 PM.
    07-16-07 07:19 PM
    I don't really like the direction this thread is going. Clueless if you need more help, please use the PM function so we don't put your personal business up for everyone to see. Thanks.
    07-16-07 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD