Greetings everyone... to begin, If I can help you with something, let me know.

I got a Blackberry Curve 8330 activated with Sprint about 4 weeks ago, and while casually browsing the net I stumbled upon here and was happy to do so so something can get cleared up.

1.) This is not a carrier specific inquiry so bare with me a momment I recently found out my BB Pin # and made note of it... I live in Texas and was wondering, can I get a blackberry users pin # that lives in another countrry and add them to my BB messenger and have a chat? If so, I assume there are no charges and that would be great. For some reason I do believe this is a far stretch,, but just in case I'd like to hear your answers. If it helps, the country in question is the Dominican Republic. I was living there for 5 years, and it's such a fun and great place, but developing country nontheless and recently while facebooking I noticed a DR friend put a "BB Pin #" up on their status, which is what made me wonder in the first place.

2.) One more note, I have an unlimted everything (text, talk, internet, gps, etc) with Sprint.... they mentioned something about no roaming charges. I already tried going out of state (New Mexico) and using my BB no problem, but my question once again relates to travel -- can I use this BB phone no problem say... in Santo Domingo, Dom. Republic without roaming charges?

Cheers and thanks in advance. I don't mind reading and researching but since this is the introduction forum, I thought I'd give it a try.
    01-28-09 12:26 AM
    Dunno about S.D.bu Sprint eliminated roaming charges more than 2 years ago, not long before I got my old Katana.

PINs are specific to the device itself, and is unique to each BB. You will find that when getting a new unit, you'll have to give your buddies your new PIN.

If you have the person's PIN, you can send messages to them wherever they have service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 01:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD