So this may be a weird question that I ultimately have to contact Yahoo! about but I figured I would run it past the BlackBerry experts first.

I have a Yahoo! Personal Address account which is a fancy way of saying I can get emails sent to [email protected] (for instance)

This email account is actually embedded within my regular yahoo account (e.g. [email protected])

Can the Blackberry actually access this sub-division? (Note, the email isn't actually sent to my yahoo mailbox. It's actually a separate mailbox within the yahoo account)

Thanks and I apologize for the confusing question!
    11-21-08 07:43 AM
    Why not set it up under your BB BIS email?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 07:46 AM
    Why not set it up under your BB BIS email?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If you don't mind my asking, is there a thread or a post that can detail this?

I actually just purchased my 1st blackberry today and am still a venerable newbie :P

(So excited for the Blackberry storm though!)
    11-21-08 08:17 AM
    Yeah, I'm pretty confused...What do you mean by a sub-division.
    11-21-08 08:51 AM
    I apologize for the confusion. I've uploaded an image that will hopefully be clearer.

11-21-08 09:14 AM
    As you can see, the two email accounts are under the same Yahoo! username but are actually two different inboxes or subdivisions.

I can definitely get my Yahoo! mailbox to show up. I'm trying to get my John.com mailbox to show up now.

(John being an example, the actual domain is a different name)

THANKS!
    11-21-08 09:16 AM
    I didn't get the image. But I didn't even know you could set up more than one email address under the same user. Why would you want to do that? Anyway...I'm not so sure I can help. Maybe you have to work that out through the computer.
    11-21-08 09:57 AM
    Hi,

This is what I did the other day when I added a Yahoo email address to my BB.

Yahoo! Mail for BlackBerry� smartphones. The best mobile mail.

I had to improvise... on the instructions, but I went to setup / email settings/ logged into my bis account / logged in / selected "Email accounts / Add an Email account....

Hope this helps

~~~~~

Launch your addiction into the next dimension. Go to wap.crackberry.com (from your phone) and install your CB Launcher.

Welcome to Crackberry!

Take advantage of the very helpful BB 101. BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com . Also the powerfull search engine to dig through this bottomless pit of Crackberry knowledge for stuff already answered. Post on those existing threads or post a new one if need be. Many folks here happy to help. Some searching tips... Go To: Search Forums / Advanced Search / Key word search / search by title / "pick a key word" that comes to mind and you might stumble upon some answers and/or clues. Or search by Post content...

No worries Intervention is not in our vocabulary here, enjoy your addiction to the fullest.
    11-21-08 03:57 PM
    Hi,

This is what I did the other day when I added a Yahoo email address to my BB.

I had to improvise... on the instructions, but I went to setup / email settings/ logged into my bis account / logged in / selected "Email accounts / Add an Email account....

Hope this helps
    Thanks so much! I'll definitely give it a shot!
    11-21-08 04:02 PM
    Thanks so much! I'll definitely give it a shot!

My pleasure.

The cool thing was that I got a Yahoo Mail icon on my Berry for the new mail folder
    11-21-08 04:23 PM
    BTW, welcome to CB!... I just noticed you're new here - so welcome to the family! :-)
    11-21-08 07:01 PM
    Thank you!
    11-21-08 08:20 PM
    11-24-08 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD