I keep reading everywhere about doing battery pulls. When are you supposed to do this and how often?
    11-25-08 09:01 PM
    Think of it as a control-alt-delete for your BB. Better to do a ALT-Right Shift-Del on your BB keypad in most cases.
    It is done when things stop working or lock up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 09:13 PM
    It also helps sometimes when your memory is low.

11-25-08 09:55 PM
    i never kept count but i do it as many times as i need it .....
    actually i try to do it atleast once a week ..... its not hurting my bb ...well i dont think i am ......anyone know for sure on this ......
    11-25-08 10:18 PM
    not too much cause you can mess up the os
    11-25-08 10:20 PM
    Only do a battery pull when a reset won't work. There is a very very very slight change of corrupting your OS when you do the battery pull. It's only happened once in my experience, but I had just talked a person into doing it, convinced her it was perfectly safe, and she nuked her device. After that debacle I became a little more cautious. If your device is locked up and not responding to the keyboard, certainly pull the battery. Otherwise, reset it.
    11-25-08 10:22 PM
    How do you reset the storm? I don't see an alt button or anything anywhere.
    11-26-08 10:37 AM
    there is a keystroke combination I beleive

maybe try a search or that Storm 'Tips/Tricks' thread

that should help

11-26-08 11:22 AM
    There is a software called soft reset. It allows you to reset your berry without doing a batt pull. Doing a batt pull makes it hard on the lid and you could also break the tangs. Do a search for it. I've used this software for about 5 months now works great.

11-26-08 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD