Hello Fellow BB Users,
    This is just a quick introduction to myself. I'm new on this forum and plan to be heavily involved and contribute as much as possible! So here is a quick story for you all. Enjoy!

So back in about 2008/09 I got my first blackberry the Pearl the original suretype keyboard. I really liked it used the phone for about a year then got given a 8800 and that was the first qwerty keyboard phone i'd ever used and I loved it, I loved the old Blackberry OS 4.3 it was incrediable back then, emails and all. I then finally signed up for my first plan and got the 9000. This has by far been my favourite blackberry, had a phenominal keyboard that I could type faster on than a computer. It was the latest and greatest at the time and I was on all day, Battery life got me through, and I am a heavy user of my phone\, So i was more than pleased. After using that plan ended up, it was time for a new plan and I chose the 9700. Trackpad became my new best friend. The OS 6 was incrediable step up from 5, most noticeably the UI and it was a lot faster. Then my phone company offered me a free upgrade to an Iphone, yes I commited the unthinkable and went to IOS..... Not for long though. I spent maybe 1 month max with it and I was bored, the native Email app was as useful as 8 cans of shark S***, battery life was ****, it felt like a plank of wood in the hand (uncomfortable). I went back to my 9700 after not long then my phone company had a merger (3 & Vodafone in Australia) I got offered to swap over to vodafone or terminate for $200. So i thought for the **** of it terminate and get a new plan and try an android based phone (HTC Sensation). Never in my life have i ever used a more useless and pathetic device in my life! The battery was dead by 1pm and I took it off charge at 7am. It would be rather laggy at times, UI was a pain to navigate and had a lot of battery sucking widets and apps which served no real purpose. So i ditched that pretty quick and went out and bought a Torch, from this day forward I solemly swear to use nothing but RIM products due to the fact that they have given me the best experiences and suit my needs and wants perfectly! I will be looking to get the 9900 within the next 2-3 months, unless RIM announce any new phones then I shall wait for that. But that was a quick run through to my BB life.
    11-09-11 11:35 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry. Although, with a first post like that be ready to put your flame suit on. iOS and Android fans won't let this go down easy
    11-09-11 11:39 PM
    Welcome to the forum. BlackBerry is best.
    11-09-11 11:44 PM
    It's simply this IMHO

Android: Battery sucking OS with a UI that is overloaded
    IOS: All for show, but when it comes down to it, it doesnt quite provide the features for the practical person.
    11-09-11 11:47 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry. Although, with a first post like that be ready to put your flame suit on. iOS and Android fans won't let this go down easy

No doubt there. This should be interesting.
    Welcome zgods1, from one newbie to another. I switched from Android as well, and I am very happy with my Torch.

Sent from my CrackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    11-09-11 11:48 PM
    Welcome to the awesome world of the Crackberry. I've gone through what you have. BB is z best. Shut up flamers and trolls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-11 11:51 PM
    Android: Battery sucking OS with a UI that is overloaded
    So you paid a $200 termination fee for the pleasure of using a "battery sucking OS" with an "overloaded" UI? Hmmm. . .

IOS: All for show, but when it comes down to it, it doesnt quite provide the features for the practical person.
    I think if you've owned 7 devices since 2008, you're not a practical person, regardless of which devices you choose.
    11-09-11 11:57 PM
    Yes i payed $200 as I was curious as I had never used an android device before

When it comes down to practicality and not overloading the OS with features which are a novelty. You can say blackberry isn't practical with it's limited apps, but the fact is with the majority of the features, they cut the S*** and leave it simple.
    11-10-11 12:06 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry. The best thing in my opinion is to wait for the 9900 issues (bricked/nuked problem) to be worked out. There's a thread called 9900/9930 with the Bricking thread which states what their phone has done after receiving it.

Anyway, Good Luck!
    11-10-11 12:08 AM
    Thanks for that! Like i said it will be atleat 2-3 months down the track before I invest in a new BB
    11-10-11 12:14 AM
    Thanks for that! Like i said it will be atleat 2-3 months down the track before I invest in a new BB
    Right, but you never know with RIM, there slooooooooooooooow at updating things or slooow at bringing out new high end devices Lol.

Hopefully by Q2 or Q3 the new Blackberry Colt BBX phone will be out, but that will be all touch screen.
    11-10-11 12:46 AM
    Getting my popcorn, this is going to get good

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-11 03:34 PM
    I feel your pain... i have been through IOS, Android and had to go back to bb. All I want is simplicity and with the bb I get that as well as connectivity. Probably because in my country the bb plan is so much more cheaper than that of the iPhone and Android plans. But I am appreciative of the IOS and Android, they are lovely handsets but the data plans are way out of my budget.
    11-11-11 03:20 PM
    ......Welcome
    11-12-11 01:25 AM
    forum. BlackBerry is best.
    11-13-11 04:09 AM
    Hey, fellow Brisbanite! Welcome. Do you still have the Torch?
    11-13-11 05:34 AM
    Hi.

I did the same thing and in no time returned to bb.
    11-24-11 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD